Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-31-2021, 08:38 PM   #1
zuma
zuma began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
PW3 stuck in boot loop

I have a PW3 (with ads). I haven't used it much lately but went to turn it on today and the following happened:

Screen is "your next great read is waiting". Upon turning it on the frontlight will come on for about 10-15 seconds, then turn off for about one second, then back on for 10-15 seconds and it keeps repeating this cycle. The contents of the screen do not change during any of this.

I tried holding the power button for 30 seconds to reset it, but it doesn't help. I also hooked it up via USB to my computer and my computer does not see it.

Any hope of reviving this thing? If not I guess Prime Day is coming up.
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 05:36 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Lacking all knowledge of real fixes, I'd suggest plugging it into a wall power source (not the computer) for 24-48 hrs, while we wait for any other suggestions!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert