Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
butterbescotch
Enthusiast
butterbescotch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sigil and Adobe Acrobat

I am sorry if this is a bit off but I can't find where to post my question.

I read that Sigil is only for ePUB but I am reading PDF's so I want to ask if Adobe Acrobat can still edit my ebooks.

Also I considered of editing an ePUB by Sigil and converting it to PDF but that seems troublesome.

Any thoughts?
butterbescotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
butterbescotch
Enthusiast

Anyone?
Old 03-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is not clear exactly what your question is. Adobe Acrobat can always edit PDF files if they are not DRM. You can convert ePUB to PDF if you wish but why? Sigil does not do conversions.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
butterbescotch
Enthusiast

Oh thanks, because I was planning to change the first page of my ebooks to a picture of the real book cover.

Can Sigil do that with ePUB or should I use Acrobat instead?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbescotch View Post
Oh thanks, because I was planning to change the first page of my ebooks to a picture of the real book cover.

Can Sigil do that with ePUB or should I use Acrobat instead?
Sigil can do that and add any other images you wish.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:17 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Look around, there are sever examples around here with images and covers.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote