Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Frankfurt book fair has began several hous ago

Are there any news from the fair regarding PocketBook?
Models, prices, availability, new firmware features, a note taking (not primitive painting) application perhaps?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
I'm getting in line with kacir waiting for those infomation.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Some people of the German forum are going to Frankfurt and play with the things themselves, posting all kinds of material (photos, videos and so on). I've proposed to translate their impressions and post them here, and it's been accepted.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Some people of the German forum are going to Frankfurt and play with the things themselves, posting all kinds of material (photos, videos and so on). I've proposed to translate their impressions and post them here, and it's been accepted.
Thank you.

I do not understand the situation. Our dear PocketBook guys were sitting on important news before previous fair and then the fair came and instead of telling us, they left us relying on info from various random visitors.

Now the Frankfurt fair came, and they still haven't announced anything. There are no news from random visitors and passer-bys even. Nothing.

Let's hope that our fellow Mobilereaders in Germany bring in Kindle 3 for comparison and a good camera [evil laugh] ;-)
Old 10-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Let's face it, they're not marketing aces. But we love them all the same
Old 10-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #6
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Let's hope that our fellow Mobilereaders in Germany bring in Kindle 3 for comparison and a good camera [evil laugh] ;-)
That was good, german Mobilereaders buy the new 902 in pocketbooks-store. (but must wait 2 weeks for hold in own hands) ---> but after that I will make a video too.
Kindle here for me has only one chance - resell over Amazon.de we only can buy in .com yet.

Pocketbook has more chance, they are in all big news here. They have good german text to speach. They show us all in the press conference. Kindle haven't this for example.

Have search the internet since the begin of the fair, search with google, search in detail last 24 hours, the only "new" thing I can find is some news about the Pocketbook 701.

Last edited by Passepartout; 10-08-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Passepartout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
That was good, german Mobilereaders buy the new 902 in pocketbooks-store. (but must wait 2 weeks for hold in own hands) ---> but after that I will make a video too.
Kindle here for me has only one chance - resell over Amazon.de we only can buy in .com yet.

Pocketbook has more chance, they are in all big news here. They have good german text to speach. They show us all in the press conference. Kindle haven't this for example.

Have search the internet since the begin of the fair, search with google, search in detail last 24 hours, the only "new" thing I can find is some news about the Pocketbook 701.
So what do you guys want to know?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #8
Logseman
Orisa

A comparison between a Pearl screen and an "enhanced Vizplex" one would be a great start. A video comparing Kindle DX Graphite und Pocketbook 902 would be perfect.

And, well, you know my personal concerns, which are embodied in my signature right now...
Old 10-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
robd
robd began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903 (hoping soon!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
So what do you guys want to know?
I guess:
- official final prices and preorder prices (if different)
- when do preorders start (and when they will end)?
- where do we can buy from local reseller (in my case I'm in Italy, and I would prefer to have a localized version)

Thank you!
robd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
Dawgmatix
Dawgmatix began at the beginning.

Device: none
USD price and launch date

Heres a few questions

a) Is the 902 going to ship to US customers in time for thanksgiving?
b) What is the USD price for the tablet?
c) Will the 3g coverage be included in price for the 903 like the Kindle's whispernet, or will customers have to pay a monthly fee?
d) Will some videos of usage of each of these devices be available on youtube?
Dawgmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #11
Logi
Logi began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
Will the 903 pro model have support for external keyboard ( bluetooth or usb ) for writing down notes.

Thank you
Logi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logi View Post
Will the 903 pro model have support for external keyboard ( bluetooth or usb ) for writing down notes.

Thank you
Yes, of course.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #13
kacir
Wizard

I would like to know what the firmware looks like.
I would like to know whether the new firmware features will be backported to the old models.
I would like to know what is the future of PB360.
I would like to know if you prepare some english speaking support or Software Development Kit for new devices and for new firmware versions (15.3) of older devices.
I would like to know official prices, features, offers. Official and not rumors and leaked documents.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
How about confirming whether or not the Pro line will support the existing Pocketbook ecosystem (Themes, Apps, dictionaries, etc)? And whether the Pocketbook 701/IQ will support any of those?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #15
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
Date and price first for me. I'm also interested in what others have asked of course.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote