Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
TOC tab won't snap back

This is probably a stupid problem but the TOC tab in Sigil has become detached from the right hand side of the GUI and I can't figure out how to reattach it. I've tried moving it over to the right, double-clicking it but nothing works. The book browser does all this perfectly but the TOC tab won't reattach. Can someone point out the problem and a solution?
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
townsend
Enthusiast
townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sigil
Double click on the word, Table of Contents.
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried that already and it doesn't work.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
townsend
Enthusiast
townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.townsend got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Sigil
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb View Post
I tried that already and it doesn't work.
That's odd. It works for me. Sometimes when Sigil gets stuck and doesn't do something it's supposed to do, I close it down and re-open. You probably tried that already. And it sounds like you've already tried drag and dropping back in place, which also works for me.

I'm currently using version 0.7.2.

If all that doesn't work, grab the portable version of Sigil, and install it anywhere. Then you'll, at least, know if the problem is with the your current instillation or the ePub file.
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
corroonb
Addict

I have the current version. It's happening with every ePUB file. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall.
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Some versions of the Linux desktop have some problems, if memory serves. Is this a Linux installation?
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Actually, I think it was Windows users reporting the issue. But not universally.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I have the current version. It's happening with every ePUB file. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall.
That won't Fix this because the Saved Settings are never replaced/removed on Uninstall/reinstall.

Yo need to delete sigil.ini (you will lose your settings) .

To AVOID this: Never Quit Sigil with ANY of those kind of (daughter) Windows detached. DOCK before Quit.

Backup your GOOD sigil.ini file, then just restore if this does happen again.

In Sigil Edit: Preferences: Click the 'Open Preferences Location (Button at bottom). Leave thefile browser Window Open AND Quit Sigil.
Do the needed thing and restart Sigil
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #9
corroonb
Addict

Deleting the sigil.ini file fixed the problem. I'll be more careful in future. Annoyingly the ini file was not in the main Sigil directory but in a different folder within the Users directory.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Deleting the sigil.ini file fixed the problem. I'll be more careful in future. Annoyingly the ini file was not in the main Sigil directory but in a different folder within the Users directory.
Having the ini in the programs dir is W95 thinking .

Each user on the PC has their own ini file. MY tool bars look nothing like YOUR toolbars. Some of this is because we each have our preferences.

ini is a PER User preference.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
It would be even more annoying if different users of the computer were forced to use the same ini file!
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote