Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
GoodCompany
Connoisseur
GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle E-Reader (basic), Nook Glowlight Plus 3
Adobe PDF at BooksonBoard Vs. Kindle Edition

There's a book I want (Secrets of Screen Acting by Patrick Tucker) that I see digitally at two locations. Amazon carries the Kindle edition for $18.12 and Books on Board has a sale going on through the end of the weekend that puts it at $19.69 but with $6.11 in rewards, clearly the better deal (plus I prefer supporting a store that doesn't make me convert). The thing is the format at BoB is Adobe PDF, which I don't think is anyone's first choice --should this be a factor in my decision or do you think both versions would be comparable? I stopped buying from BoB for a while because my credit card number was stolen shortly after making a purchase there (can't be certain of course that it was through that transaction, but it seemed likely), but ready to try them again as they've revamped their payment system. They offer such great sales and they always seem like the "we try harder" underdog I want to root for. Thanks for your thoughts on Adobe PDF versus "Kindle edition."
GoodCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I love BoB, and will only buy my books there. However, unless they got their VISA/Mastercard payment system working you can only but with Pay Pal or Google Wallet right now.

I'm (im)patiently waiting for their VISA/Mastercard to get back online so I can purchase the books I want.

BTW, I never had a problem with my CC # being stolen. Hope it wasn't them.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Both prices for an e-book are sheer robbery... but the kindle version is an easier convert candidate than the pdf version... but why on earth would you risk your cc if you have any doubts... do they not use a secure transaction protocol?????.. are you really that desperate for a particular book ???
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
if someone has not got access to taking visa etc payments that makes me very suspicious. either they have had facility taken away due to fraud or the business is in trouble. or maybe they are just updating their platform and i am being overly cautious.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote