Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
Dulas
Dulas began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902
FBReader and FBReader180 issues

Hi all, I'm new around here but I'm following this board since I have got my new reader.

I have an issue with FBReader180 (the tweaked one):

with my ebooks in epub format if the page ends with a non completed sentence this won't be completed in the next page sometimes. This results in many sentences being incomplete! How can I fix this?

With the default FBreader and with Adobe Viewer this is not happening. I could use the first to read but it doesn't consider my alignment tag in css sheet and just center every book.. that's another big issue!

Thanks, D.
Dulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
Dulas

Nobody can help?
Old 12-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
You might want to check if hyphenation is on or off and try it both ways.

Edit: Also, and this might not be related i found that with some books that will not display right (i.e. lines beginning before the screen edge and ending after it) that a conversion with calibre with the default display settings would fix it.

From what I've reader here and there on this forum FBreader isn't suppose to consider your formating in general, its suppose to reflow and format the text according to its settings.

Last edited by J.C.; 12-13-2011 at 01:16 AM.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
Dulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
You might want to check if hyphenation is on or off and try it both ways.

Edit: Also, and this might not be related i found that with some books that will not display right (i.e. lines beginning before the screen edge and ending after it) that a conversion with calibre with the default display settings would fix it.

From what I've reader here and there on this forum FBreader isn't suppose to consider your formating in general, its suppose to reflow and format the text according to its settings.
Thanks for the answer!

I already played with the hyphenation settings without results but I will try to convert them again to see if this will fix my problem.

What you say should be true about the tweaked FBReader, but since the default one doesn't have any settings related to text alignment I suppose it will read the book css.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulas View Post
What you say should be true about the tweaked FBReader, but since the default one doesn't have any settings related to text alignment I suppose it will read the book css.
No it doesn't reade CSS.
But if you set alignment in the tweaked one, the built-in one will use the setting. They use the same config file.

Before we had tweaked FBReaeder available, it was possible to set some things in the settings file. You had to look at the PC version so see the syntax.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:20 AM   #6
Dulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
No it doesn't reade CSS.
But if you set alignment in the tweaked one, the built-in one will use the setting. They use the same config file.

Before we had tweaked FBReaeder available, it was possible to set some things in the settings file. You had to look at the PC version so see the syntax.
Thank you for the advice! I will try to set alignment to see if default FBReader will read those settings..

I also tried to reconvert my epubs with the default settings, but it doesn't fix my issue with FBReader180.. other ideas?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
solaris62
solaris62 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602
I had that problem. In the bottom do you have the pages numbers? If so try to change to percentage.
solaris62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Dulas

Wow! I changed the pages numbers in percentage and that acutually fixed my problem!

I hope it will be useful for somebody else.. It's an annoying issue! It's strange they didn't fix that yet.

Ah and changing the alignment to "justify" in FBReader180 styles menu didn't affect the default FBReader, but now I won't use it anymore so it's fine.

Thank you solaris and everybody else!

Last edited by Dulas; 12-15-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:09 AM   #9
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Ahh thank the gods, this problem was driving me bonkers! On advice from Pcketbook i switched to FBReader but some %!(#% thinks it is funny to have no left text alignment, but central alignment so your books look like desktop publishing experiments from toddlers. Totally unreadable like this, so i was even considering to just look into buying a new 9"+ ereader. Coolreader looked promising but when i set google translate to give me understandable russian pages in english, the download chapcha does not show. Also it is very complicated to get this to install and run right. I do not understand why they do not make a complete version where you just unzip in root of reader and it works, sigh.. So now i have to set it to % and see if this fixes my problems.
The missing sentence ends and weird page count behavior is not what i expect when i do a firmware upgrade :-( I bought a book of 750+ pages and FBReader180 tells me it is 35 pages long ;-)
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #10
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
Ahh thank the gods, this problem was driving me bonkers! On advice from Pcketbook i switched to FBReader but some %!(#% thinks it is funny to have no left text alignment, but central alignment so your books look like desktop publishing experiments from toddlers.
You can change the alignment, just look for the configuration file in the system directory. It is called styles.cfg or something like that.
change the Regular paragraph definition :
name=“Regular Paragraph“ Instead of alignment=“justify“ try alignment=“left“. If there is no alignment tag, just add one.

Here is list of tags you can use: <style id=“99″ name=“Example style“ fontSizeDelta=“2″ bold=“true“ italic=“true“ vShift=“5″ allowHyphenations=“true“ hyperlink=“internal“ alebo external spaceBefore=“5″ spaceAfter=“4″ leftIndent=“21″ rightIndent=“5″ firstLineIndentDelta=“9″ lineSpacingPercent=“110″ alignment=“justify“/>
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #11
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
I re-opened my book with FBReader180 and switched to % and the problem disappeared. It seems illogical and a bit silly to me, but it has fixed my problems!!To be more exact, i opened settings, and then went to position in text, and changed that to percent.
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote