Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast
Bureaucromancer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I deleted my database file completely (after backing up) and it rebuilt with no problems. Registration etc seems to be stored outside the database, I didn't even have to renter date and time information.
Bureaucromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:45 AM   #17
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast
Bureaucromancer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
oops, posted only looking at first page, forgot I'd already responded.
Bureaucromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #18
Willshif
Willshif began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Selectivly Deleting free books From Kobo reader

I have found the latest version of Calibre (version 7.5.4) will delete any of the "100 free" books. Calibre recognizes when the device is connected and will show all the books on the reader when you select the reader Icon at the top of the program. Is shows the 100 free books. just delete the ones you don't want. It's that simple.
Willshif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #19
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
i just purchaed a kobo touch, but the 100 free books aren't there... there are only some suggestions that i want to remove...is it still safe to compact the database and empty the images folder?!
thanks
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The Touch did not come with a 100 free books!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The Touch did not come with a 100 free books!
ok thanks... so i just removed the suggestions and images stored on the kobo, saved some mb
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But remember... expect to see more come back when you use the WiFi connection or sync with Kobo Desktop.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #23
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
was possibly thinking of getting the touch to use in the summer along with my vox

if it is so short of memory that we need to delete files manually from it I might not bother
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #24
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Its not short on memory! I have close to 200 ePubs plus 70 Kobo format books on my Touch and still have 750 meg. free on it.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #25
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
And don't forget the uSD card slot for storage as well.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #26
sammm
sammm began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
delting multiple books

Hi i am new to Kobo.

I just registered my kobo and have bought and downloaded my first book.

I want to delete the 100 free books that come with kobo. i have started deleting it manually but this is going to take me a long time. Is there an easier way to delete the 100 free books?

I have the kobo reader with the navigation pad, and i use a usb cable to connect to my pc

anyone help?

thanks in advance
sammm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 12:36 PM   #27
fritolays
fritolays began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Graphite DX, Kobo Clara 2E
Post Clearing Prelaoded via GUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by srid View Post
Kobo ships with about 100 preloaded books, which you can also download for free from sites like feedbooks.com. As there is no way to organize your books, navigating to your favourite book can be cumbersome.

I chose to delete the preloaded books and upload the handful of books that can be easily accessed.

On Mac OS X, I used the following command to delete the preloaded books.

sqlite3 /Volumes/KOBOeReader/.kobo/KoboReader.sqlite "delete from content where ___userid != 'adobe_user'"

Make sure that you make a backup of the "KoboReader.sqlite" file before modifying it.

Once you are done, eject the Kobo and "reset" it (see the pin hole at the back).
Sorry for adding to an old topic, but I wanted to include a method for all platforms via gui.

1. Download DB Browser for SQLite
- https://sqlitebrowser.org/
- there is a portableapps release available

2. Make a backup of your current database
- Copy KOBOeReader/.kobo/KoboReader.sqlite to someplace safe

3. Make a second copy of your current database
- this is the one we will modify

4. Run DB Browser for SQLite and open the second copy of KoboReader.sqlite
- should see the list of tables load

5. Goto the Execute SQL tab
- Type:
Code:
delete from content where ___userid != 'adobe_user'
6. Click the play button to execute the code
- should see output below of it finishing without errors and how many rows affected

7. Assuming no errors above, click Write Changes, then Close Database
- this will save and close the file

8. Now copy the modified database back to your kobo
- overwrite the existing KOBOeReader/.kobo/KoboReader.sqlite file

9. Eject/disconnect and reboot your device
- should see the importing content screen...
- i also rebooted my kobo

Hopefully, this helps some other folks out...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dbbrowser.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	199163  
fritolays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 12:49 PM   #28
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I think this is out of date.
1) I've never seen pre-loaded ebooks on any Kobo I've bought.
2) Simplest way is to use Calibre to delete unwanted ebooks in bulk.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 03:06 PM   #29
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I think this is out of date.
1) I've never seen pre-loaded ebooks on any Kobo I've bought.
2) Simplest way is to use Calibre to delete unwanted ebooks in bulk.
The original Kobo (N416) and the Kobo WiFi (N647 & N47B) came preloaded with ~100 books. I tend to wonder about posting advice on removing those books in a thread where no one has posted in 11 years.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 03:29 PM   #30
fritolays
fritolays began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Graphite DX, Kobo Clara 2E
My Kobo Clara 2E had the preloaded items.
They did not show up in calibre to be removed.
fritolays is offline   Reply With Quote