Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
Sylvie604
Sylvie604 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Sleeptimer on PE?

Is there a sleeptimer on my pocket edge?
Sometimes i fall asleep while reading my book, and then my PE stays on and only goes uit when battery is empty (or i wake up).

Is there a possibility i can put a timer on it, so (for example) i can put in 60 minutes, and then it turns off after 60 minutes.
Or is there a possibility that when i don't turn the page within X minutes (or inactivity) it turns off by itself?
Sylvie604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Good question, Sylvie!

I assume you're talking about reading on the eink side and you know all about the screen timeout on the LCD side. If by some chance the LCD side is not turning off ask again, because there's help for that!

If you mean a timer that can sense what goes on on the eink side I'm guessing we're out of luck -- nifty idea, though!

Maybe there's an app for Android that shuts off a device after a certain time, but I would be surprised if it works with our specialized devices. Go ahead, somebody -- prove me wrong, please!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I have looked for this in the past and I found a shutdown timer but it is only available on the Android Market and it requires rooting the PE.

https://market.android.com/details?i...Rvd250aW1lciJd
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote