Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Thinking in replacing regular cable TV by Netflix+Hulu plus. Is that a good idea?

With TV cable prices sky rocketing and bunch of commercials even though I'm paying a huge amount of money for the service, I started thinking about shutting that service off and going for streaming service instead.

I prefer reading, but wife loves some TV shows plus I like the local news. We already have Netflix, which is mainly for movies.

Did anyone try this agressive move and if was the case, what was wife's reaction?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Shimarenda
Addict
Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Tablet
Honestly, after 12 and a half years without television (cable, broadcast, online, or otherwise), my wife and I don't miss it at all. We do have a DVD player that we hardly ever use.
Shimarenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimarenda View Post
Honestly, after 12 and a half years without television (cable, broadcast, online, or otherwise), my wife and I don't miss it at all. We do have a DVD player that we hardly ever use.
Don't you watch the news? Wife likes couple of soap operas ...
Old 07-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
EZPuzzler
Connoisseur
EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Sony T2
Have you seen this thread?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107034
EZPuzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZPuzzler View Post

reading ....
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
Shimarenda
Addict
Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Don't you watch the news?
No, I read it online or in print.
Shimarenda is offline   Reply With Quote