Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
collection manager

I find it really difficult to understand how it has been almost a year since the Kindle 3 came out, and we still do not have a working collection manager.

With all the people on this site, someone has to be a programer. With the millions of Kindles sold, someone has to be a programer.

Why in the world hasn't somebody made a working collection manager? The best one that I have seen was the Kindle Collection Manager, but the author hasn't updated the program. It worked fine, all it needed was a couple of small things, like the ability to move more than one item at a time. It was simple and it worked good. No idea why the guy that wrote it didn't update, but, jeeze, there are tons of people out there with the ability to do this, why isn't anybody wanting to get rich????

And please don't point me to Calibre. I use Calibre all the time, but it doesn't work for me as a collection manager. The biggest problem for me is that I am always converting books that I have converted previously.

I think a price point of $25 would be a good place to start. I would buy one, if it worked, in a heartbeat.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblacknail View Post
I find it really difficult to understand how it has been almost a year since the Kindle 3 came out, and we still do not have a working collection manager.

With all the people on this site, someone has to be a programer. With the millions of Kindles sold, someone has to be a programer.

Why in the world hasn't somebody made a working collection manager? The best one that I have seen was the Kindle Collection Manager, but the author hasn't updated the program. It worked fine, all it needed was a couple of small things, like the ability to move more than one item at a time. It was simple and it worked good. No idea why the guy that wrote it didn't update, but, jeeze, there are tons of people out there with the ability to do this, why isn't anybody wanting to get rich????

And please don't point me to Calibre. I use Calibre all the time, but it doesn't work for me as a collection manager. The biggest problem for me is that I am always converting books that I have converted previously.

I think a price point of $25 would be a good place to start. I would buy one, if it worked, in a heartbeat.
Kindle Collection Manager for Windows.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
http://kindlevarazs.wordpress.com/20...glish-version/

works fine for my needs, & you can use it from all 3 major OS platforms
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Allan

Was Kindle Collection Manager For Windows updated for the new Kindle software and I didn't notice???
Old 06-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
And please don't point me to Calibre. I use Calibre all the time, but it doesn't work for me as a collection manager.
Have you tried the latest Kindle Collections plugin? You do know that you can use it to directly edit collections on the Kindle and not worry about any Calibre tags or even have the books in Calibre?
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool me?!

Quote:
Hi Allan

Was Kindle Collection Manager For Windows updated for the new Kindle software and I didn't notice???
if you mean me, i have no idea as i tried it and after some experimentation decided that i really had no use for collections. i just posted that link because i remembered using it for a short time, and i thought it worked well.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
Lordblacknail
Zealot

Where do I find that plug in? I would love to give it a try.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:11 AM   #8
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Where do I find that plug in? I would love to give it a try.
Look in the Calibre Forum's Plugin section...MeMe wrote the plugin and it works great! (by the way, thanks MeMe!)
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:44 AM   #9
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Yeah, I should have put a link. In a rush yesterday and my signature could be a bit clearer

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118635

Always open to ideas posted in the plugin thread. It would be possible to have the Edit code run separately from Calibre - but using calibre means a lot of install/additional code hassles aren't an issue. And most people who manage their books can definitely benefit from using Calibre But since just editing collections without any use of Calibre's vast abilities was popular, I added the Edit feature, with people always having the option to move to automatic collections.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Let me second the recommendation for meme's Kindle Collections plugin for Calibre. I tried it during a very early iteration of it, decided it wasn't for me, and then tried it again a few weeks ago. Boy, has it come a long way in a short time! Now very usable, and definitely easier than doing collections manually. And since all my books are in Calibre, managing my collections there just makes sense.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #11
reech
Connoisseur
reech doesn't litterreech doesn't litter

Device: Sony eReader PRS-600
I've played with all things, from the lovely 'Automatic Kindle Collection' programme, through to Kindelabra, but the new and improved Kindle Collection Plugin works excellently for me; no missing or dropped books that I could detect.
reech is offline   Reply With Quote