Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #15076
1katie23
Enthusiast
1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nook Color running CM7, Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post

Now I am reading No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden by Mark Owen. About 18% in and it's a breezy read so far. I expect to finish it in the next day or so.
Looking forward to reading this. Let us know how you like it.
1katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #15077
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I am now reading Geronimo: The True Story of America's Most Ferocious Warrior. I have always been fascinated by the Apaches and will read various books about them this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Me too.
Apache
I always wondered if his close friends called him 'Jerry...'

Stitchawl (Bloodbrother to the Sicangu Sioux of the Lakota Nation)
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #15078
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

No, they called him "Sir"

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #15079
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
No, they called him "Sir"

If anyone at that time deserved it, it certainly was him! Amazing man, leading an amazing people.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #15080
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
If anyone at that time deserved it, it certainly was him! Amazing man, leading an amazing people.
So far, this is my feeling exactly!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #15081
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Sins of the Father by Christopher Kellen

''Broken free from an unjust imprisonment after seven years, Trace Atherton emerges into a world on the brink of catastrophe. Her father’s base of power as the iron-fisted First Administrator of the Kildare Syndicate is slipping, and she knows that he’ll do anything to keep that power.

Even if it means sentencing millions of people to death.

With few allies and time running out, Trace rushes to stop the looming disaster before more innocent life is sacrificed atop the pyre of her father’s ambition… but first she’ll have to overcome the mental paralysis brought on by seven years of imprisonment, and reclaim her confidence as a commanding officer.''
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #15082
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:

Or Mo.
And yes he was an amazing man who did what he had to to to live the way he wanted to.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #15083
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And I think the story, the man, his history condenses/summarizes to some extent the terrible offenses that were committed by the U.S. (invaders?)

BTW Added to my TBR list -- shoot, it's only 99 cents at Amazon! whoop!
and written by a good ol' Oklahoma boy! Bonus!

Last edited by kennyc; 01-03-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #15084
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And I think the story, the man, his history condenses/summarizes to some extent the terrible offenses that were committed by the U.S. (invaders?)

BTW Added to my TBR list -- shoot, it's only 99 cents at Amazon! whoop!
and written by a good ol' Oklahoma boy! Bonus!
Poo! £8.99 here on Amazon UK, and only available in paperback. Like the sound of this one.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #15085
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Sure is a lot of reading going on!

Congratulations to everyone on hitting 1000 pages.

I think that equates to alot of people posting.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #15086
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Well, I finished The Game. The story is ok and it is a quick read. It was never boring but never too engaging. The conflict seemed forced. Also, the plausibility of the "big reveal" seemed wrong to me.

So overall 3 of 5 stars. This is a young adult book. This is no Harry Potter or Hunger Games. Read those if your looking for good Young Adult reading.

Next I started Boyd Morrison's The Roswell Conspiracy. His Tyler Locke books are always a good adventure. I'm still waiting for something from him to top Rouge Wave though.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 01-03-2013 at 10:46 AM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #15087
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Currently reading: Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett
On deck: Live By Night by Dennis Lehane
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #15088
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I am trying to read A Scanner Darkly, but can't seem to get into it without constant interruption.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #15089
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
first book for 2013

I got a KOBO and an iTunes gift card and I take so much time to pick a book!! I read so many reviews and can't decide. I think my first book for 2013 will be 11/22/63 by Stephen King.
Not sure about "14" by Peter Clines, it starts really interesting but I am not so much in sci-fi...but it seems a good book. Maybe I'll get that one anyways, is only $8.
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #15090
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I am trying to read A Scanner Darkly, but can't seem to get into it without constant interruption.
I can't read P. K Dick....just not my thing...I can't suspend my disbelief with him he doesn't draw me in to the story. Not sure if you are reading the original or if there is an adaptation of the movie or ?? but that's my two cents, and certainly worth no more than that.