Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
gregburbidge
gregburbidge began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Author and Book tracking

I have a list of my favorite authors, and once in a while I go through the internet and search each one by name to see if they have written anything new or what I might be missing.

Does anyone know of a piece of software so I could just enter my favorite authors and it would keep a list of all their books both previous and forthcoming? Web based or mac based, either way it would be a great app. I'd especially love something where I could cross books off as I have read them.

Though my question is not really ebook specific, I'll be using the list to keep track of books I can find for my new nook!
gregburbidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
kwjones
Groupie
kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kwjones once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Motorola Droid
I like www.goodreads.com. I don't know that it does upcoming books though.
kwjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You might want to bookmark http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/ pages for your favorite authors - they do a decent job of listing older works (with links to purchase copies) and announcing forthcoming titles.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Greg.

Fantastic fiction is by far the easiest and best resource.

You enter the author.......and it shows a page with every book they've written, in chronological order, and any new ones they may have coming up.

I keep it on my firefox favorites bar......

www.fantasticfiction.com
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote