Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
Velicion
Velicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud of

Device: none
Smile Shades of Green - A horror novel $2.99

Hello.

My first horror novel has just been released on Amazon. I'm very excited and very nervous, as you can imagine.

Ok, so here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Shades-of-Gree...0950258&sr=1-4
Velicion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Sounds really cool, anychance of a B&N or Smashwords realease in ePub?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Velicion
Velicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud ofVelicion has much to be proud of

Exclamation

Hi Jhempel and thanks for the interest.

Apologies for the first and very brief post. If you don't mind I'l start again.

I'm delighted to announce that my first full length horror novel, Shades of Green, has just been released on Amazon and Smashwords for only $2.99
Here are the links
Amazon:
[tinyurls not allowed - please replace with direct link]
Smashwords:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/31260

Description:
Holburn was just like any other northern English town, at least on the surface. Buried below the local woodland, something had begun to tunnel up… Within hours, Holburn suffers a drastic transformation as invasive, bizarre plant-life infest the town, the population and wildlife transform into rampaging, blood-thirsty beasts. A handful of survivor’s battle to stay alive and search for answers

I do have a few reviews up already for Shades of Green and if anyone would care to view them, here is the Amazon link...

[tinyurls not allowed - please replace with direct link]

While I'm on the subject of reviews, is there anyone out there in Kindle land who would wish to review my story?
i will of course provide a complimentary copy plus a free copy of my horror collection thrown in.
If you are interested then please get in touch.
Thank you for reading.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-03-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velicion View Post
While I'm on the subject of reviews, is there anyone out there in Kindle land who would wish to review my story?
i will of course provide a complimentary copy plus a free copy of my horror collection thrown in.
If you are interested then please get in touch.
Thank you for reading.
What about us Nook owners?? :P Just Kidding, thanks for the link to smashwords. I'll pick it up in the next couple days put it towards the top of the list!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Velicion

Thank you sir, I hope you enjoy the story.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #6
Velicion

Apologies for the use of tiny urls in my previous post.

I have a new review up, if you'd care to view it.

http://www.amazon.com/Shades-of-Gree...R16QM1JVY328RK
Old 12-04-2010, 03:47 AM   #7
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I do love creepiness. When I saw this up on Smashwords I was a bit wary as the whole plant creature angle reminded me a little of an old Dr Who episode.

However, the reviews suggest a skillful use of dread and creepy - two of my favourites.

I should also remember that the Dr Who episode in question was a favourite.

I shall add it to my enormous library of Smashwords books to buy. I have quite a list already.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #8
Velicion

For one week only (Starting today) The price of Shades of Green has been dropped to just over a pound. That's less than a price of a cup of tea!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #9
jhempel24
Wizard

Is the price dropping on Smashwords as well, or just Amazon?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #10
Velicion

I'd forgotten about Smashwords!
The price of Shades of Green on Smashwords is now down to $1.50
Old 12-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard

Sweet! Just purchased! Thanks!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
Velicion

Thank you for your support J!

and if anyone else would wish to immerse themselves in a post apocalyptic tale involving giant, orange worms, insectoid monsters, flesh eating plants and a murderous vagrant, then please feel free to download. Available for a jaw-dropping dollar 50.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004E10WCC
Old 12-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #13
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Best wishes for much success.
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #14
Velicion

Thank you Sidney and as you were kind enough to display your books in your signature, I went onto the Amazon.com site and tagged them all.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #15
jhempel24
Wizard

I will say this is very confusing, I don't see where it's "post apocalyptic" and it's all very dis-jointed, maybe it's the formatting, but I'm having a hard time understanding just what the heck is going on.

I'll finish it because I'm hoping for some sort of A-ha moment that ties it all together, but at the moment, I feel like I'm being left behind, or there are parts that I thought maybe I skipped but went back to re-read things just aren't explained.