Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-11-2021, 10:37 PM   #1
manisharma
manisharma began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA ONE
Can't get past language selection

my reader lost 90% of touch and then I saved its files, with pain factory reset it as it took hours. Then hard reset it and it started working fine after setting up.

While restoring books I pasted old files directly which made it buggy again, I deleted all the files and it reset the kobo accidently due to file erase. Now even after hard reset, I cant touch english to setup and install firmware.

I have flashed andorids before but never my reader. Somebody help !
manisharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:06 AM   #2
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Probably something with the internal MicroSD card. Either flash a new image, or get a new card and write the image to that. Assuming the KA1 has an SD, of course.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:22 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Probably something with the internal MicroSD card. Either flash a new image, or get a new card and write the image to that. Assuming the KA1 has an SD, of course.
Sadly, no uSD card in an Aura One. Replacing an eMMC is not for the faint of heart.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:28 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by manisharma View Post
my reader lost 90% of touch and then I saved its files, with pain factory reset it as it took hours. Then hard reset it and it started working fine after setting up.

While restoring books I pasted old files directly which made it buggy again, I deleted all the files and it reset the kobo accidently due to file erase. Now even after hard reset, I cant touch english to setup and install firmware.

I have flashed andorids before but never my reader. Somebody help !
Can you choose another language? The prompts are fairly obvious - email, password, WiFi and password and he city for the timezone. After you get it setup you can change the language. And if you cannot, you can set it via the config file.

Alternatively, use Kobo desktop application to do the setup.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 07:53 PM   #5
manisharma
manisharma began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA ONE
No I can't touch any language it. Just turns on and there is that. Any link or way to flash the device as it is ? Computer can't detect the device though.
manisharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:47 PM   #6
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Maybe it's time to just get a new reader.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:53 PM   #7
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
delete post

Last edited by geek1011; 02-12-2021 at 11:04 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:44 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by manisharma View Post
No I can't touch any language it. Just turns on and there is that.
It has been a while since I did a setup on an Aura ONE, so I'm not sure exactly what it looks like. If it is just a list of languages, then it sounds like the touch isn't working at all.
Quote:
Any link or way to flash the device as it is ? Computer can't detect the device though.
There isn't any way to flash a new image to the Aura ONE

From what you have said, I would try:
  • Powering off the device and plugging it in to the PC before turning it on. It's possible the device will autoconnect when powered on and in setup mode. Some firmware versions/devices will, I'm just not sure about this one.
  • A factory reset. You mention doing this and the device working, then doing something else and breaking it. I would suggest starting again with the factory reset. If the touch isn't working after that, then you probably need to open the device ad check the cables. Or replace it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, touch