Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #436
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
The removal of the status bar is a huge feature for Komic in my point of view and I'm very much looking forward to the new release. But. For several reasons I'm locked into staying on 5.1.2, an older firmware version where you seem to have split developing builds.

Would it be possible, and please take all the time you need, to also draft a version for 5.1.2 where the status bar has been removed? It honestly is the one thing that prevents me from using Komic more than i actually do.
I could provide a modded start script to hide the status bar. Maybe we could use KUAL to run one or the other (with the status bar).
Or we can create a small KUAL extension to hide/show the status bar, then run Komic....
Anyway, you should use KUAL to shot the bar again...

On the other hand, I'm playing around with the removal of the borders in pages.
This is done by an external script (thanks to Imagemagick) run by inside Komic.
It works fine (check screenshots below) but it's a bit slow...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	676.5 KB
ID:	103702   Click image for larger version

Name:	10_NEW.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	648.2 KB
ID:	103703  
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #437
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
The removal of the status bar is a huge feature for Komic in my point of view and I'm very much looking forward to the new release. But. For several reasons I'm locked into staying on 5.1.2, an older firmware version where you seem to have split developing builds.
Where Amazon changed the resources that support the application.

Quote:
Would it be possible, and please take all the time you need, to also draft a version for 5.1.2 where the status bar has been removed? It honestly is the one thing that prevents me from using Komic more than i actually do.
And since Silver gets a donation from you, each time you use it . . . .
Why not just fix your problem that keeps you from updating your machine?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 02:26 AM   #438
DumbledoreMD
DumbledoreMD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi and thabks for the application, it's the most used one on my kindle))

Howr, i have an issue, and I think it's because of my naming system, but sometimes i'm getting double number of pages in a flder, with half of them being blank. Is it possible to correct that? Thanks.
DumbledoreMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #439
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbledoreMD View Post
Hi and thabks for the application, it's the most used one on my kindle))

Howr, i have an issue, and I think it's because of my naming system, but sometimes i'm getting double number of pages in a flder, with half of them being blank. Is it possible to correct that? Thanks.
Could you please explain this a little bit with some example.
A nice zip package could be helpful (some images with your name pattern and a description of how to replicate the problem)
Thanks!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #440
DumbledoreMD
DumbledoreMD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Yes, sure, let me explain it properly.
The problem is that, if, for example, i have a folder with names from 0 to x-1 (a total of x pages), then the reader, when opening the folder, sees 2x+1 pages, the first x+1 of them being black with a question mark. After that, the last x pages are the normal pages. I don't know what could be the issue, as this thing happens with some images and not with the others.

https://www.box.com/s/1n3ngrbflvf22jiqb80j This is the attached archive, with examples of screenshots, showing the black page, the actual first page, and the nomenclature of files
DumbledoreMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #441
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_knight_1408 View Post
Dear sir,

How do you create and apply the external script in detail to remove the borders in page? Hope you could share me this kind of tips. Thanks a lot!
That feature is one which Silver18 is developing for his reader.
I suggest you just wait for him to make the next release of Komic.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #442
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
This is a great app, thank you!
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #443
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
If my KT is not jailbroken, any chance to get it to full-screen manga reading just to use script or Calibre with script?
Give up on that idea and jailbreak it - - you need to do that to run Komic anyway.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #444
silver18
THE NOOB

I've been busy, sorry!!
The script to remove white borders uses just another feature of image magick!!
And you need to jailbreak your kindle to use it!
BTW, it's still a bit slow and doesn't perform well on some types of images.

Before releasing next version, I would like to solve this problem, then add some of the latest additions to WAFs and, maybe, working on improving performances!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #445
silver18
THE NOOB

I didn't run away!
I just reworked the swipe function using JS (swipe didn't work in komic v2.2) and fixed something else.
I'm improving the remove borders script and the overall performace!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #446
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
If my KT is not jailbroken, any chance to get it to full-screen manga reading just to use script or Calibre with script?
No problem - check my signature.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #447
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
No problem - check my signature.
It says it runs on Linux -
Will it run on the Kindle ?

(Some have pyhon, some would need the pyhon build from the screensaver hack.)
(Some have pillow, but it may not be the "pillow" that this depends on.)

PS: You might give this its own thread rather than hijack silver's.

Last edited by knc1; 05-24-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #448
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It says it runs on Linux -
Will it run on the Kindle ?

(Some have pyhon, some would need the pyhon build from the screensaver hack.)
(Some have pillow, but it may not be the "pillow" that this depends on.)

PS: You might give this its own thread rather than hijack silver's.
I'm not hijacking thread - just responding his question. KCC thread is here.
That is not Kindle app. Every Kindle from Keyboard version can show full screen manga without modification of system.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #449
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I'm not hijacking thread - just responding his question. KCC thread is here.
That is not Kindle app. Every Kindle from Keyboard version can show full screen manga without modification of system.
Why don't you add it to the index so people can find it?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #450
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Why don't you add it to the index so people can find it?
What index?

Tags
launcher add-ons