Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #121
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
I installed WAMP server under windows7 64 bits. I then copied the cops files to the www dir. The php files give a lot of errors. Has anyone experience with cops in this configuration. Under linux everything works fine.
maxjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #122
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Sorry, never tried it.

Can you post some errors ? Maybe I'll be able to help anyway
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #123
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Found the error, needed to install an extra module in apache.

Now getting error when downloading the file. Before path is placed \cops\E:etc.

Using X-send... Also happens with location.

Any ideas?

Last edited by maxjens; 09-22-2012 at 08:48 AM.
maxjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #124
zeroday
zeroday began at the beginning.

Device: ipad-2
I installed COPS today on a ubuntu installation and it is working, the only thing I am missing is the way how content is presented. I use Stanza and if I check the calibre-server itself I have 8 options to seek ebooks. (I have around 8500 ebooks in my database)
what I see is that when you select the authors, I get a long long long list where calibre-server itself gives first the alfabet
It would be great it the functions (8 at calibre) could be matched in COPS (5 avail and different than calibre)
That would made the user experience better when using COPS (and of course less performance loss on the server
zeroday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #125
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@zeroday

There's already an issue about it on Github, I'll do it for the next release.
Advert
Old 09-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #126
zeroday
zeroday began at the beginning.

Device: ipad-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@zeroday

There's already an issue about it on Github, I'll do it for the next release.
Kewl, than I will subscribe myself to the github part ;_)
zeroday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #127
doctur
doctur began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Hi CBebop,

Thanks for your answer. My server is a windows 2008 R2. I think the instructions are for *nix?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBebop View Post
Give this a try, it will "Mount" the directory you want inside your webroot and it works for things like vsftpd which also doesn't follow symlinks.

Code:
mount --bind /dir/where/files/are /webroot/directory
And to make it persist on reboots if it works for you, you can add something like this to your FSTAB:

Code:
/dir/where/files/are /webroot/directory none rw,bind 0 0
Side Note: Been using it on my VPS in conjunction with dropbox to feed books to my 3G enabled Kindle. Works pretty darn well, though there are some silly issues with the Kindle browsers being funky sometimes. Nothing that really bothers me though. I ended up getting annoyed with lighttpd and just setup nginx and it works like a charm.
doctur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #128
jcromero
jcromero began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Can someone tell me if I can configure my Apache server to place my Calibre database out of my web directory and be able to serve my epub files? I have only been succesful in placing my Calibre database and books inside my web directory.
jcromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #129
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBebop View Post
Give this a try, it will "Mount" the directory you want inside your webroot and it works for things like vsftpd which also doesn't follow symlinks.

Code:
mount --bind /dir/where/files/are /webroot/directory
And to make it persist on reboots if it works for you, you can add something like this to your FSTAB:

Code:
/dir/where/files/are /webroot/directory none rw,bind 0 0
Damn.... so simple.... Why didn't I think of this. I tried symlinking and all sorts of other tricks that didn't work out..... Now I got my Calibredatabase working from a folder that resides outside my webroot!

I did not add the line to my FSTAB though. I made the following startup script "S99mount.sh":

Quote:
!/bin/sh
# mount/bind some folders

case $1 in
start)
mount -o bind /volumeUSB1/usbshare/video/Kinderfilms /volume1/video/Kinderfilms
mount -o bind /volumeUSB1/usbshare/video/Series /volume1/video/Series
mount -o bind /volumeUSB1/usbshare/video/Speelfilms /volume1/video/Speelfilms
mount -o bind /volume1/Documents/Calibrebibliotheek/Nederlands /volume1/web/Calibre/Nederlands/Data
;;
stop)
umount /volume1/video/Kinderfilms
umount /volume1/video/Series
umount /volume1/video/Speelfilms
umount /volume1/web/Calibre/Nederlands/Data
;;
*)
echo "Usages: $0 [start|stop]"
;;
esac
and this startup script resides in my /usr/syno/etc.defaults/rc.d directory. Probably not the way it should be, but it works
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #130
akenarf
akenarf began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
First up big thanks to vlad59 - this is just what I was looking for and works a treat.

Just one thing to add to the Synology instructions provided, I found that on my kobo glo although it would pop up the download confirmation box, no book would appear in the library on the reader.

To resolve this I updated the readfile line, as follows:

//readfile($config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file);
header('Content-Length: ' . filesize($config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file));
fpassthru(fopen($config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file, 'rb'));

not sure why this is the case, but it all works great now..! :-)
akenarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #131
vlad59
Addict

@akenarf

Actually your code is certainly better than mine, I'll test it and merge it this afternoon.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #132
trogdan
trogdan began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Question on search

I see that the web app supports search, but do any native apps for desktop or mobile apps support search via the opds feed? I am very interested if opds has a standard way of searching, and if so why doesn't this seem to work. Do app developers have to parse the metadata differently for different sources?
trogdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:32 AM   #133
vlad59
Addict

Hi,

As stated in the README, COPS support opensearch (the standard way of doing search with opds feeds). It's working fine with Mantano (and Bluefire or Megareader if I remind correctly).

But many OPDS reader don't support correctly opensearch so I've added an invalid way (config item cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream) to make it work with Moon+Reader or FBReaderJ and certainly many other.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #134
-Stranger-
-Stranger- began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone/iPad2/Sony PRS-T1/Sony PRS-950
Update the metadata in downloading books

Hi,

First of all thank you for your excellent work

All work fine on my QNAP NAS TS 559 Pro II (and OPDS, and HTML), but there is one question
1) preliminary
Calibre update metadata IN downloading files a) while writing eBooks to device/ereader, b) while saving eBooks to disk c) while running ebook-meta utility (stored files). i.e. Almost all the time information IN stored eBooks and in metadb are different.
2) main part
It means, that when I download a eBook via OPDS (and via HTML-interface too), I download the book with unchanged meta data
3) workarounds
Now, I use the written script with ebook-meta utility periodically running on my Mac. It is not the best solution but...

Question:
Is it real to write the script (extend the COPS functionality) that would update metadata of downloading eBook files?

Thanks for attention

Last edited by -Stranger-; 10-09-2012 at 09:26 AM.
-Stranger- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:24 AM   #135
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by akenarf View Post

//readfile($config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file);
header('Content-Length: ' . filesize($config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file));
fpassthru(fopen($config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file, 'rb'));

not sure why this is the case, but it all works great now..! :-)
@Vlad59:
Whan patching this code, will this also work as a replacement for the code I needed to implement on my machine?

Quote:
Edit the file fetch.php and put // before the last two lines.

// header("Content-Type: application/force-download");

// header ($config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] . ": " . $config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file);

Add this line below the lines above.

readfile($config['calibre_internal_directory'] . $file);
Maybe it is possible while patching to make the code more uniform and make this an optional feature, based on the choice of setting
Quote:
$config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "location";
If the option is generic I can do a Git Pull without the need of first saving my personal modification.
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology