Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #946
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by micster View Post
My books seem to be rated from 0-10. And yes, they start off as whole numbers and not floats. But then if a book has a rating of five and then it gets divided by 2 in the function getRating () we are left with the float 2.5 which causes a problem.
I know that, I just tried to change the rating of a book with Calibre and Calibre does not allow to use float ratings or maybe I'm missing a setting
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #947
micster
Enthusiast
micster began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
I know that, I just tried to change the rating of a book with Calibre and Calibre does not allow to use float ratings or maybe I'm missing a setting
You are correct that there are no "Half-Star" ratings in Calibre, I should have been more clear. But what are the values of your book ratings from Calibre?

When I added this code to the getRating () function...
PHP Code:
echo $this->rating 
... I got values returned that were higher than five. They seem to be rated from 0-10 which I assume is why they are being divided by 2 in the getRating () function, correct? And it's this function (and not Calibre) that is creating the floats I believe.

Sorry if I'm not being clear. Perhaps I am missing something also.
micster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 04:04 AM   #948
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@micster

Thanks for the clarification. I'll fix the code to support half stars. I'll create a testcase with sqlite.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #949
vlad59
Addict

I got an expected problem with the rating problem micster found .... there is no unicode characters for half filled star ....
Old 07-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #950
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Wouldn't ★★★½ (for 3.5 stars) not do the trick?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #951
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Wouldn't ★★★½ (for 3.5 stars) not do the trick?
I thought about it but previously I added white stars in the end and I think that's not very pretty :

★★★½☆

I'll think of something else ... or stop add empty stars in the end ... still thinking
Old 07-31-2014, 12:43 PM   #952
vlad59
Addict

COPS 1.0.0RC2

COPS 1.0.0RC2 is out with bug fixes and some new features (First post to download) :

* Updated Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian translations.
* Added Polish translation. Thanks to macak_pl.
* Added Haitian Creole translation. Thanks to Ian Macdonald & Jacinta.
* Added Basque translation. Thanks to Turutarena.
* Upgraded to JQuery 1.11.0, Magnific Popup 0.9.9, Normalize 3.0.1, Typeahead 0.10.2
* Fixed search with accentuated characters on Internet Explorer.
* Author can now be searched by sort or by name (Carroll, Lewis or Lewis Carroll will work).
* Added a new bootstrap user interface.
* Added correct mimetype for *.ibooks. Reported by Flowney.
* Added an empty line at the end of .htaccess to make it easier to modify. Reported by Mariosipad.
* Modified the README and checkconfig.php to check for php5-json. Reported by Mariosipad.
* Handled properly the cancelling of a mail. Reported by coach0742.
* Added an ugly hack to try to fix bad rendering with Kindle. Please report if it's better or not.

Before having a real COPS 1.0.0, I wanted to work on the new Bootstrap template and work on compatibility with Kindles.

The most important feature is the Bootstrap template which can be enabled by going the Customize UI (the little wrench on the bottom left) and clicking on the link "Click to switch to Bootstrap". You can go back the default template by clicking on the little picture on the right of the search box.

So far I've not finished everything on the Bootstrap template so check here for my current todo list : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/iss...mment-34071502. Please share your remarks about it. This new template is really different so I made the choice of having less text to keep a clean interface.

The next big modification is for the Kindle, I spend some time with 2 users to enhance COPS on Kindle and it seemed to help. Please report the status of COPS on your Kindle with its exact version, it'll help.

It also seems that the new Synology package works a little better with recent version of DSM5. I'll update the package when I'll have a little more time (in a month or so).

Thanks a lot for all the donations, so far I've received a little over 50 € so the Kindle Paperwhite is not far.

Thanks to all the beta testers and translators.

I also thought a lot about COPS future, I really want to continue to work on it and there's still some features that I really need to implement to make my life easier (and certainly yours as well). My problem is that COPS was my first PHP project ever and I've made a lot of bad design and technical choices in it. It has slowly became harder to maintain and to enhance cleanly. So I've started a complete rewrite of COPS. Don't worry, I'll continue working on COPS but I'll limit the new features to only the simple ones, the more complicated ones will have to wait the rewrite. The rewrite also explains the delay between COPS's releases lately. I'll share the rewrite on github as soon as the design is solid.

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Happy testing.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:37 AM   #953
CreaB
CreaB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Hey there!

i get the following error on COPS 1.0.0RC2

Notice: Undefined index: cops_normalized_search in /var/www/COPS-1.0.0RC2/base.php on line 267
CreaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:37 AM   #954
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreaB View Post
Hey there!

i get the following error on COPS 1.0.0RC2

Notice: Undefined index: cops_normalized_search in /var/www/COPS-1.0.0RC2/base.php on line 267
Can you confirm that your config_default.php is the same as the one in the package ?
Old 08-01-2014, 04:14 AM   #955
CreaB
CreaB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Can you confirm that your config_default.php is the same as the one in the package ?
Sorry, my fault. I've copied my existing default_config.php over the enw one and this paragraph was missing:

Code:
    /*
     * Make the search better (don't care about diacritics, uppercase should work on Cyrillic) but slower.
     * 1 : Yes (enable)
     * 0 : No
     */
    $config ['cops_normalized_search'] = "0";
CreaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #956
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreaB View Post
Sorry, my fault. I've copied my existing default_config.php over the enw one and this paragraph was missing:

Code:
    /*
     * Make the search better (don't care about diacritics, uppercase should work on Cyrillic) but slower.
     * 1 : Yes (enable)
     * 0 : No
     */
    $config ['cops_normalized_search'] = "0";
Thanks for reassuring me
Old 08-02-2014, 02:41 AM   #957
mizio66
mizio66 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, Kobo Aura, Cybook Gen3
Hi. I like COPS and use it from iPad wit hMarvi, both Web and OPDS LAN dn WAN versions... a joy with my Synology library!
although, i recently bought a Kobo Aura and cannot make COPS work with it... my config.php has URL rewrite on, i added the kepub option, but every time i try to access from the Aura borwser, it just don't work... it stays in loading.

Any idea?

thanks,

M
mizio66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #958
mizio66
mizio66 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, Kobo Aura, Cybook Gen3
I solved the problem... As i found in other posts, you need to have the port specified after the adress, such as 192.168.1.100:8080

If 8080 is not possible, you have to make a port forward in the router and then use that one...

Works on Kobo, yeah!

M
mizio66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #959
sengst
sengst began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Hi,
First of all thank you very much for your efforts!
I have a Kindle PW2 (FW 5.4.3.2) and have tried to use the browser with cops. I'm able to use the interface for downloading books, but I can't change any settings, every input is ignored. I also can't switch to bootstrap or use the search box.
sengst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #960
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Hi vlad59,

I did a quick install from github and all seems to work as expected.
Today or tomorrow I will install cops on my Synology and on my Raspberry Pi.

Keep up the good work!

for cops
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology