Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #211
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
For the opds catalog you have to add feed.php to the url
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:14 AM   #212
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

COPS 0.3.0

COPS 0.3.0 is out with a lot of changes (First post to download) :

* Add a config item to avoid using Fancyapps (pop-ups). Reported by mcister and Northguy.
* Update documentation of .htaccess. Thanks to Stephane.
* Add a config item to specify a custom icon. Based on a patch by Tyler J. Wagner.
* Better handling of content type for book. Reported by Morg.
* Upped the size of thumbnails for OPDS. They look way better with Mantano.
* Add language in OPDS feed (shown in Mantano for example).
* Update metadata on downloaded epub. Disabled by default (check config item cops_update_epub-metadata).
* New Catalan translation provided by David Ciscar Presas.
* Add a permalink to books, that way direct link to books can be shared. Reported by mcister and Tyler J. Wagner.
* Add checkconfig.php that should allow to better detect the configuration problem (page in english only for now).
* Fix some plural strings / some missing title. Reported by David Ciscar Presas.
* Add an hint about the OPDS catalog in the HTML catalog.

I first wanted to make a release around Xmas but got no time so the number of changes kept getting higher and higher. Even if there is still some things that need polishing I really needed to release.

The biggest change is the update of Epub's metadata when downloading. So far the following information are updated :
* Title
* Author
* Series
* Series Index
* Tags
* Summary

The cover/ISBN/publisher/publishing date will be added in another release. Note that you have to enable config item "cops_update_epub-metadata" to use it. It should be safe (it is for me) but please make sure to have an up to date backup of your epub before using it.

Another important change is that Fancybox can be disabled (should help with PRS-T1)

You can also link directly to a book through a new link icon to the left of the book's title (don't matter if you enabled or disabled Fancybox)

Special thanks to David Ciscar Presas who added a Catalan language file.

As usual the download link is in the first post.

Happy testing.
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #213
micster
Enthusiast
micster began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hooray! Good job, sounds like lot's of improvements.
micster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #214
Kevnancy
Kevnancy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
@vlad59: petite question en passant. tu es Français?
Kevnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #215
vlad59
Addict

@mcister

I'm hoping it'll work fine for all of you

@Kevnancy

Oui
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #216
Kevnancy
Kevnancy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
I have some news for my problem...

If the metadata.db file is included in a shared folder, I can't to access to it. But if the folder isn't shared, I can to access metadata.db file.

How to use the windows security level with php, to allowed the accessibility of metadata.db?
Kevnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #217
martha_muggins
martha_muggins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle - Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
For the opds catalog you have to add feed.php to the url
Well that works great, both in FBReader & in MoonReader+. Thanks for that. With the update on COPS, can we just extract the zip file accordingly since the file config_local.php will still be there? Ca marche bien maintenant, merci pour tout ton information!
martha_muggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #218
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
COPS 0.3.0 is out with a lot of changes

Happy testing.
I tested COPS 0.3.0 with:
1 - Windows WAMP using Stanza for iPad and EPUBReader add-in for Firefox
2 - Apache server in Linux Debian Wheezy using Stanza for iPad and EPUBReader add-in for Firefox
(X-Sendfile enabled for both)

WORX!

A question: what am I supposed to see when I enable "Update Epub metadata"? I do not seem to notice any effect so far. What am I missing out on?

Last edited by mariosipad; 01-06-2013 at 06:26 PM.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #219
vlad59
Addict

@martha_muggins

Yes that the point of using config_local.php, you just have to unzip the new package.

@mariosipad

Thanks for the report.

For the metadata update : imagine you get an epub and when you import it on Calibre the title is wrong (it is Series : Book title) so you change it to Book title and add a Serie / Serie index and tweak the tags.

If update metadata is not enabled then the epub you'll download is the epub you imported on Calibre (so with the wrong title, no serie, wrong tags, ...)

If update metadata is enabled then the epub metadata (stored inside the epub file) of the epub you'll download will be exactly as in Calibre.

Hope it's clearer.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #220
nicholbb
nicholbb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hi,
Wonderful and easy software, worked like a dream.

Quick question/request, does anyone know a way to exclude particular books based on their tags, I'm guessing code. Below is the restriction (saved Search) I use for calibre:
not(tags: "=toedit")

Thanks in advance for any help (and software).

***EDIT***
Not a ideal solution but I didn't have hundreds so I renamed them to start with toedit then altered the SQL query in book.php section below with a where clause of: books.title not like 'toedit%'

You can see see the books in the different categories but don't show in the list when you drill down (think this would require a rewrite of each page and I wasn't that fussed)

Quote:
// Silly thing because PHP forbid string concatenation in class const
define ('SQL_BOOKS_LEFT_JOIN', "left outer join comments on comments.book = books.id
left outer join books_ratings_link on books_ratings_link.book = books.id
left outer join ratings on books_ratings_link.rating = ratings.id
");
define ('SQL_BOOKS_BY_FIRST_LETTER', "select {0} from books " . SQL_BOOKS_LEFT_JOIN . "
where upper (books.sort) like ? and books.title not like 'toedit%'");
define ('SQL_BOOKS_BY_AUTHOR', "select {0} from books_authors_link, books " . SQL_BOOKS_LEFT_JOIN . "
where books_authors_link.book = books.id and author = ? and books.title not like 'toedit%' order by pubdate");
define ('SQL_BOOKS_BY_SERIE', "select {0} from books_series_link, books " . SQL_BOOKS_LEFT_JOIN . "
where books_series_link.book = books.id and series = ? and books.title not like 'toedit%' order by series_index");
define ('SQL_BOOKS_BY_TAG', "select {0} from books_tags_link, books " . SQL_BOOKS_LEFT_JOIN . "
where books_tags_link.book = books.id and tag = ? and books.title not like 'toedit%' order by sort");
define ('SQL_BOOKS_QUERY', "select {0} from books " . SQL_BOOKS_LEFT_JOIN . "
where exists (select null from authors, books_authors_link where book = books.id and author = authors.id and authors.name like ? and books.title like not 'toedit%') or title like ? and books.title not like 'toedit%'");
define ('SQL_BOOKS_RECENT', "select {0} from books " . SQL_BOOKS_LEFT_JOIN . "
where books.title not like 'toedit%' order by timestamp desc limit ");
Any better solutions (apart from using a parameter in this, which I may well do at some stage)?

Last edited by nicholbb; 01-07-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: own stopgap solution
nicholbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 AM   #221
vlad59
Addict

@nicholbb

I added your feature request to github (https://github.com/seblucas/cops/issues/28).

I will certainly implement this using tags (using title is as you said kind of a hack). Of course I would gratefully accept a patch if you want to add this feature.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:20 AM   #222
gaspine
gaspine began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
got a "Internal Server Error", in cause the .httacces, on line:

<Files fetch.php>
XSendFile on
</Files>

(i'm using : http://www.uwamp.com/)

error is :
[Wed Jan 09 09:04:09 2013] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] C:/UwAmp/www/cops/.htaccess: Invalid command 'XSendFile', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

this 2 lines cause the same error :

#XSendFile On
#XSendFileAllowAbove on

of course i don't have the mod_xsendfile on this comp
(in the nas, it's compiled with and work fine

for bypass the error, we can include a test of mod installed (apparently cops work fine without xsendfile on this uwamp package :
Quote:
<IfModule mod_xsendfile.c>
<Files fetch.php>
XSendFile on
</Files>
</IfModule>

Last edited by gaspine; 01-09-2013 at 03:30 AM.
gaspine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #223
ElmoFuntz
ElmoFuntz began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, iPad, Audiobooks
Remove year display?

Is there an easy way to remove the display of the year on the end of the title? I have a bunch of books that are not fully tagged and all show 1970 but even then I'd really rather not show the year. I noticed it appears to use that as part of the sort field for series which is fine I just want to hide it.
ElmoFuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #224
vlad59
Addict

@ElmoFuntz

The easiest way is to add the following lines to style.css :

Code:
.sp { display:none; }
@gaspine

Thanks for the code. I commited your test locally (should be on github in a day or two).
Old 01-11-2013, 02:18 AM   #225
ElmoFuntz
ElmoFuntz began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, iPad, Audiobooks
[QUOTE=vlad59;2375898]@ElmoFuntz

The easiest way is to add the following lines to style.css :

Code:
.sp { display:none; }
Thanks that worked a charm. Any chance that can be made an option in the config so it's not overwritten when we upgrade?
ElmoFuntz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology