Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #181
micster
Enthusiast
micster began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just hacked it together, it's nothing you would want to use and probably not cross-browser-compatible anymore.

I just took the top <header> and bottom <footer> from index.php and pasted it into bookdetail.php and then removed the style "bookdetail" that creates the popup.
micster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #182
Morg
Morg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Hi,

I tried COPS 0.2.3 on a Synology DS-211j and it works fine - in principle.

Using my Windows Webbrowser or a Linux box "wget", everything works as designed.

If I access COPS via the Kobo Touch browser, I see the starting page, but every click just seems to reload the (current) starting page. I can't get to any of the subpages. Btw - this also happens on your cops demo server.

With my wife's Sony PRS-T2 I can open and navigate the site(s) fine, but I get errors when trying to download a book. The reader says "Download not possible. Content is not supported on device".
Using wget, I got a mimetype of "application/octet-stream" both on my and on your demo server, though as far as I could see in the source, epub should send an "application/epub+zip" mimetype.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm new to ebook readers (and calibre and cops).

Oh, I forgot - the Kobo Touch is firmware 2.1.5 (12.10.12), the Sony PRS-T2 is ver 1.0.03.09110.
Best regards
Sebastian

Last edited by Morg; 12-21-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 02:53 AM   #183
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
Hi,

I tried COPS 0.2.3 on a Synology DS-211j and it works fine - in principle.

Using my Windows Webbrowser or a Linux box "wget", everything works as designed.

If I access COPS via the Kobo Touch browser, I see the starting page, but every click just seems to reload the (current) starting page. I can't get to any of the subpages. Btw - this also happens on your cops demo server.
I also have a Kobo Touch (with latest firmware 2.3.1) and I can't reproduce your problems. When I tested the latest COPS release my Touch was on firmware 2.1.5 and everything worked great.

I really don't know what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
With my wife's Sony PRS-T2 I can open and navigate the site(s) fine, but I get errors when trying to download a book. The reader says "Download not possible. Content is not supported on device".
Using wget, I got a mimetype of "application/octet-stream" both on my and on your demo server, though as far as I could see in the source, epub should send an "application/epub+zip" mimetype.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm new to ebook readers (and calibre and cops).

Oh, I forgot - the Kobo Touch is firmware 2.1.5 (12.10.12), the Sony PRS-T2 is ver 1.0.03.09110.
Best regards
Sebastian
In 0.2.3, I added the octet-stream mimetype to make it work better with Kindle. With that change I didn't have any problem on my Kobo Touch but maybe your PRS-T2 does not like it.

Can you try to remove or comment line 90 of fetch.php :
Code:
 header('Content-Type: application/octet-stream');
Maybe it'll fix book download on your PRS-T2.

Thanks in advance.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:03 AM   #184
Morg
Morg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Great - that really helped!

Removal of the Content-Type-line (which I must have overlooked when trying to improve a fix) helped for the Sony, it worked like a charm.

Concerning the Kobo, I'm not sure what the problem is; I stumbled upon the Kobo displaying the 2.1.5 version number but the 2.1.4 version information. Your hint at 2.3.0 being the current firmware got me to upgrade the Kobo, and now it works without further changes.

So again - merci beaucoup :-)
Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #185
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@Morg

Thank you for the test.

I'll push a real fix soon then !

Edit : Fix pushed on Github

Last edited by vlad59; 12-23-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #186
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
I thought of adding a parameter to disable fancybox completely especially for Northguy who was having a hard time using COPS on his PRS-T1.

I guess that would do for you too. I'll add that as soon as I got some time.

Maybe you can send me your modification in bookdetail.php, it can save me some time.
I have been lurking around a bit, but did not find the time to do proper testing or reacting anymore. The possibility to disable the Fancybox will be a great feature to solve the last issue I have with COPS.

While you are at it, might it be a good idea to disable the fancybox, based on the pregmatch identification string which indicates the type of device? This way the disabling of the fancebox can be made device independent.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Keep up the good work!

Northguy
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #187
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjens View Post
Hi, I am using cops on WAMP, latest version works great. I noticed that when i connected to the feed with shubook that I get the option to go back one step in every screen (upper left). The only place that this option is missing is when i go through Author, select B, select Author, then books are shown, without the option to go one step back.

When i use stanza this issue is not present.

Any ideas?
Could you post details about your configuration?

I can't seem to get it to work in wamp. I need your config file, directory structure, etc....

Any help is appreciated.

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #188
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Running COPS on WampServer 2.2 Windows 7 (32 bits).

To get COPS version 0.23 to work I had to either:
- using "location" -> remove first 3 lines of .htaccess file (or use #)
- using "X-Sendfile" -> install X-Sendfile

Then it worked for me!

Awesome, thnx!
Could you post your config file?

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #189
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
What error do you get?

Just copying my setup might not solve your problem, so let's first find out where it all goes wrong, ehh not as intended.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:48 AM   #190
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@artbatista

Herewith the WAMP files you asked for.

Rename to (could only upload txt files):
.htaccess
config_local.php
fetch.php

If it does not work let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: txt htaccess.txt (129 Bytes, 337 views)
File Type: txt config_local.php.txt (3.2 KB, 374 views)
File Type: txt fetch.php.txt (3.2 KB, 377 views)
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #191
micster
Enthusiast

Hey Vlad,
Is there a way to add pagination to the author pages? For example, I have over 500 authors listed in my "B" section which causes the page to scrooooooooool for ever and ever.

More importantly, any section that has more than 200 authors starts to screw up the formatting. Instead of having nicely formatted rows, it just runs all of the author names together. I think this might be because PHP is running out of memory on these pages?

I have made quite a few modifications to the template, css and some php files so it is very possible that I did it to myself. I'm including an image to help illustrate what I see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	authors.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	98589  
Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #192
vlad59
Addict

Wahhh you have a lot of books !

Could you send me your calibre sqlite database (only the file metadata.db), it should be enough to properly test it. My email is at the bottom of COPS's Readme file.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #193
micster
Enthusiast

The database file was too big to email, so I shared it with you on Google Drive.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #194
Kevnancy
Kevnancy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Dear all,

I have some difficulties to install the calibre OPDS server.

I'm using WS2012E with php 5.4.9 and metadata.db file is on the following folder:

Z:\ServerFolders\Ebook

When I try to access to OPDS server from the address: 192.168.0.11:8080, I have an error: "This page contains an error: document is empty" and for the page source code, I have:

Code:
xception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Calibre Server\base.php:429
Stack trace:
#0 C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Calibre Server\base.php(429): PDO->__construct('sqlite:./metada...')
#1 C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Calibre Server\author.php(40): Base::getDb()
#2 C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Calibre Server\base.php(241): Author::getCount()
#3 C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Calibre Server\index.php(24): Page->InitializeContent()
#4 {main}exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Calibre Server\base.php:429
Stack trace:
#0 C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Calibre Server\base.php(429): PDO->__construct('sqlite:./metada...')
#1 C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Calibre Server\author.php(40): Base::getDb()
#2 C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Calibre Server\base.php(241): Author::getCount()
#3 C:\Program Files\Calibre2\Calibre Server\index.php(24): Page->InitializeContent()
#4 {main}
I think it's an error of configuration, but I can't to resolve it...

Thanks for your help
Kevnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #195
vlad59
Addict

This kind of error usually come from COPS being unable to access Calibre's database (metadata.db). Check the path and the access rights.

In your case metadata.db seems to be in the same directory that the other COPS's files.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology