Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
cstandifird
cstandifird began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Calibre Portable

I'm trying to download Calibre Portable and when I extract the files from the zip file there are corrupt files. I have tried several times and keep getting the same messages. How do I download the Portable version with no problems?
Thanks,
Carole
cstandifird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstandifird View Post
I'm trying to download Calibre Portable and when I extract the files from the zip file there are corrupt files. I have tried several times and keep getting the same messages. How do I download the Portable version with no problems?
Thanks,
Carole
Do not use a download manager
Do Not allow your Anti-virus t o automatically Fix files (always have it ASK when it thinks there is a problem so you 1)Know about it. 2)You can choose what to allow (in case of false positives).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
cstandifird
cstandifird began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I don't understand what download manager is. Sorry. I clicked on download and when the window came up I chose "save" and saved the zip file to my flash drive. Then I used right click WinZip and did "extract to here" (the flash drive) and as the files were extracted was when I got the messages about corrupt files or missing files. When I went to Calibre.exe the program wouldn't open because of missing files. I deleted everything and went to a mirror site and got the same messages. Guess I just don't know what I am doing. I wanted to take this with me to visit my sister, but I'll just load my reader and forget about a portable. Thanks anyway.
cstandifird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Delete what you had downloaded and installed at your USB-Stick. Then download the portable version again from here calibre.com and save it on your desktop or download folder of your pc. If your Antivirus is telling you of a possible risk and ask you for further inspection then tell him the file is ok and no virus. Once you have downloaded the file you can extract it to your USB-Stick. And again, if your Antivirus is telling you about risks trust him that everything is ok.
When you have install the program and start it the first time and your firewall is asking you about outgoing connection, please allow it because if you don't allow it you can't download metadata or recipes later on. Hope this will help you a bit.
Please take a look as well on this.

Last edited by Divingduck; 01-24-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote