Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
TrudyNC
TrudyNC
TrudyNC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
K3 problem - no "Sending Books to Device"

Hi All,

Just got my Kindle this afternoon and after messing with it since 12:30 this afternoon, I still cannot get my books from my computer onto my Kindle. Folks keep telling me to "just click the "Sending Books to Device" button, but I have no such button. I have an option for it in the preferences but it while it shows me that it *should* be in the toolbar when my kindle is connected to the computer, it is not there.

Any help would be appreciated.

TrudyNC
Don't Litter ~ Spay or Neuter
TrudyNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
The "Send to Device" is from Calibre. Talk to the folks at the following forum:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

If you've got books ready to go, attaching the Kindle to computer should show as a new drive on your windows machine. Just drag and drop the books to the 'documents' directory in the new drive.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
If you've got books ready to go, attaching the Kindle to computer should show as a new drive on your windows machine. Just drag and drop the books to the 'documents' directory in the new drive.
However, if these books are acquired from Amazon and have DRM, this will not work, as the files are DRMd to whichever device you downloaded them for.

In this case, you will want to go to your Kindle's archive, and download them from there. Alternately, you can go to your Amazon.com account on the web, and go to Manage Your Kindle, and send each book from there to your new Kindle.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
However, if these books are acquired from Amazon and have DRM, this will not work, as the files are DRMd to whichever device you downloaded them for.

In this case, you will want to go to your Kindle's archive, and download them from there. Alternately, you can go to your Amazon.com account on the web, and go to Manage Your Kindle, and send each book from there to your new Kindle.
Non DRM mobi books can be sent via email to your Kindle. You will need WiFi access.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
TrudyNC
TrudyNC

Thanks for the suggestions. Seems like nothing I tried worked so I finally called Kindle and through trying this and that, we learned that my datacord was faulty so they're sending me a new one.
Advert
Old 10-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyNC View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Seems like nothing I tried worked so I finally called Kindle and through trying this and that, we learned that my datacord was faulty so they're sending me a new one.
That does happen. Any MicroUSB cord will work on the Kindle. I have a few running around here. Glad you figured it out though!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
TrudyNC
TrudyNC

As it turns out the new cord works great for getting books from my computer to my Kindle and the old cord works great for recharging the battery! So I don't have to mess with changing out cords.