Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Question Good comic reader for iPad?

Can someone share some experiences with free or paid comic reader app for iPad?

I just downloaded DC and Marvel apps and I'm impressed. A few comics are free, most you must pay but I do like the double tap feature to expand text and zoom.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
For a user-interface point of view when reading comics I think I prefer ComicZeal, but I have switched to Bookman because it has better folder support and the ability to load comics without going through iTunes, which is much faster once you get a large collection.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I bought ComicZeal basically the same day I got my iPad.
I load the comics via iTunes, but there is also a way to load them using some server application they provide.
That Bookman application looks interesting though. Its also free so give it a try (I will later). The organization of the comics is a bit tiring in ComicZeal. You have to follow their naming scheme to keep everything neat.
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Just checked Bookman and I was kind of lost ... did not find a way to download comics ... do you guys know of any place (legal) to download free comics or even, paid ones? That's what I like from DC and Marvel, they do have an integrated store.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:24 AM   #5
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I don't know what your taste in comics is, but just search for goldenagecomics in google and you will at least find some old stuff so that you can test the software.

You won't be able to find stuff from Marvel or DC thats legal outside of their own applications though. As usual the dark side has plenty .....
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
Allen Santiago
Allen Santiago began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have found some other comic apps on Apple AppStore that you would like to download for your iPad. They are Alice for the iPad Book, Toy Story, Transformers Comic are many others.
Allen Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic, comic reader, manga