Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #391
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfarhan View Post
I have Kindle Launcher installed with a number of extensions. I'm not sure if any of them is blocking update? I know that PW is not listed to be supported but I thought i would give it a try.
I am going to write a "Do Not Press This" KUAL button, just to see how many fools press it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #392
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay looks fine on the touch 5.3.2

Will update the KUAL listing.

Excellent effort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_198.png
Views:	220
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	101767   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_200.png
Views:	269
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	101768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_201.png
Views:	223
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	101769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_202.png
Views:	252
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	101770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_203.png
Views:	228
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	101771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_204.png
Views:	241
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	101772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_205.png
Views:	182
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	101773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_206.png
Views:	261
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	101774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_207.png
Views:	224
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	101775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_208.png
Views:	266
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	101776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_209.png
Views:	236
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	101777  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #393
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I am going to write a "Do Not Press This" KUAL button, just to see how many fools press it.
cheeky
Old 02-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #394
twobob

Quick question...

So do you want me to list TWO versions...

VERSION 2.2 as supporting 5.3.2

and VERSION 2.1 as supporting the older devices?

Thanks
EDIT: Meh I will just DO that.. if you DONT want that (for some reason I can't think of right now) let me know
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #395
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
Congratulations and Thank you!
This is good news waiting a long time.

I read first page. But i have still some questions.

My Device Info;
Firmware 5.1.2
Komic 2.1
Gui Launcher

How can safe upgrade Komic 2.2?
If i uninstall Gui Launcher, does that delete my (Komic) gallery folder?
After installed Kual, does Komic 2.1 work on Kual? And then, can i upgrade on Kual from Komic 2.1 to Komic 2.2?

Sorry my easy and basic questions but I'm rookie for this works.
Can you tell me step by step right and safe method?
asdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #396
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdas View Post

My Device Info;
Firmware 5.1.2
Komic 2.1
Gui Launcher

After installed Kual, does Komic 2.1 work on Kual? And then, can i upgrade on Kual from Komic 2.1 to Komic 2.2?

Only Komic 2.1 supports your 5.1.2 firmware.

If you must have Komic 2.2 you have to upgrade your device firmware.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #397
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Only Komic 2.1 supports your 5.1.2 firmware.

If you must have Komic 2.2 you have to upgrade your device firmware.
Thank you dear Knc1.
I know that, but if i will upgrade new 5.3.1 firmware, i have to uninstall Gui Launcher.
But i don't know affer effect.
I need step by step right and safe method about install new Komic 2.2 version for 5.1.2 Firmware.
asdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #398
knc1
Going Viral

1. Install the jailbreak for 5.1.2
  2. Un-install everything else
  3. Do the upgrade to 5.3.2 (5.3.1 is for the Paperwhite)
  4. Install the new KUAL launcher
  5. Install Komic-2.2 (packaged for the KUAL launcher)
Old 02-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #399
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Quick question...

So do you want me to list TWO versions...

VERSION 2.2 as supporting 5.3.2

and VERSION 2.1 as supporting the older devices?

Thanks
EDIT: Meh I will just DO that.. if you DONT want that (for some reason I can't think of right now) let me know
It's OK with me!
Thanks for your great effort and for KUAL itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdas View Post

My Device Info;
Firmware 5.1.2
Komic 2.1
Gui Launcher

If you want to stick with 5.1.2 firmware, you have to use Komic V1.2!
If you want to use Komic V2.2, you must upgrade to 5.3.2!!!
We also have KUAL now, so we don't need GUI launcher anymore!!
Follow instruction from KNC1 to update your kindle!
NB Uninstalling GUI launcher doesn't affect Komic so your Gallery folder stays there!
Updating Komic also doesn't affect the Gallery folder.
Uninstalling Komic, on the other hand, removes the Gallery folder!

As regards Paperwhite, I could rewrite Komic to suite every resolution but I need some time to learn how to do it.
Moreover, I can't ensure anything!

Last edited by silver18; 02-23-2013 at 03:36 PM.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #400
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
It's OK with me!
Thanks for your great effort and for KUAL itself!!!

As regards Paperwhite, I could rewrite Komic to suite every resolution but I need some time to learn how to do it.
Moreover, I can't ensure anything!
RE PW ... should be as simple as a "ratio"

updated listing.

when I get more time (I am stupidly behind on the KUAL testing) I will update all the indexes.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #401
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
RE PW ... should be as simple as a "ratio"

updated listing.

when I get more time (I am stupidly behind on the KUAL testing) I will update all the indexes.

Thanks
I'm not so good at this, but it could be a matter of using % dimensions and fixed positioning (plus something more here and there).

It would be really easier if I could test it on a PW!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #402
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I'm not so good at this, but it could be a matter of using % dimensions and fixed positioning (plus something more here and there).

It would be really easier if I could test it on a PW!
Tell me about it.

I am in the same boat.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #403
BlueCross
BlueCross began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm using Kindle touch 5.0.3. It is jailbroken and I also installed GUI launcher.

After installing Komic, I launched it from GUI launcher. Messages like 'Gathering Information... / Cover view disabled...' are displayed below the screen, and after that, the kindle only displays 'Unable to Start Application : The selected application could not be started. Please try again' message. What should I do?
BlueCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #404
twobob

you don't say which version you are running of Komic

2.2 or 2.1?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #405
BlueCross
BlueCross began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
It is 2.2. Does the version difference affect much?

I've tried factory reset and reinstalled all once more, but it didn't help.
BlueCross is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons