Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 02:54 AM   #1
ereaderbug
ereaderbug began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR, Kobo Touch
Question no bookmark ability for sideloaded epub books on Kobo Touch 1.9.16?

Does Kobo touch 1.9.16 allow sideloaded epub books too be bookmarked? I could not seem to be able to bookmark a page, no matter how many times I tried it. I could add a bookmark in the preloaded preview books (kepub format I guess?)

Is it just my kobo touch (it is only 6weeks old)? I upgraded the firmware from an older version. The ereader works ok otherwise, but it is inconvenient to add a note/highlight to page, when a bookmark is all I need. Yes, Kobo maintains my place when I turn it off or move between books. I just want to be able to a bookmark on a page.

I appreciate any help or information or pointer to an existing thread. I did the prerequisite search before posting this new thread.

Thanks.

Last edited by ereaderbug; 02-05-2012 at 02:57 AM.
ereaderbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
I can bookmark sideloaded epubs the same way as the previews: simply tapping the upper right corner of the page - virtually folding the page corner. These bookmarks show up in the annotation menu, selecting it brings back the page.
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmark, epub, sideloaded