BLACK 61 66.30%
BLUE 10 10.87%
LILAC 11 11.96%
SILVER 14 15.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #31
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I've been following the progress on this device. Grabbed a black one last night at Borders.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #32
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I've been following the progress on this device. Grabbed a black one last night at Borders.
how are you enjoying it so far?
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #33
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdrob View Post
Here are the photos I hope they are ok .
Nicely done!
How secure is it?

regards

jack
Old 07-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #34
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: almost every kindle,iPad,android tablet,kobo you name it
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Nicely done!
How secure is it?

regards

jack
Very secure the top piece folds on the sides so it reaches almost the back except for the cut out part where the sd card sits . The back is very secure and easily forms around the quilted back. applying pressure around the entire kobo gets any residual bubbles out.
robdrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #35
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Very secure the top piece folds on the sides so it reaches almost the back except for the cut out part where the sd card sits . The back is very secure and easily forms around the quilted back. applying pressure around the entire kobo gets any residual bubbles out.
So does that meant he back is no longer quilted with the cover on it?

regards

jack
Old 07-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #36
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: almost every kindle,iPad,android tablet,kobo you name it
Quote:
So does that meant he back is no longer quilted with the cover on it?

regards

jack
No it is still quilted but not as pronounced.. Would have been nice it the skin was offered in matte finish. Just my preference.
robdrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #37
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
No it is still quilted but not as pronounced.. Would have been nice it the skin was offered in matte finish. Just my preference.
Man I so gotta pay attention to spelling here.. I think matte is better as it picks up less finger prints

regards

jack
Old 07-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #38
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
how are you enjoying it so far?
Thanks for asking. I shared my thoughts on the NOOK forum. If you care to read them look here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...135684&page=16

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...135684&page=17
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #39
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Thanks for asking. I shared my thoughts on the NOOK forum. If you care to read them look here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...135684&page=16

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...135684&page=17
Scion you have done a great job explaining things. Cell phone pics suck as a rule even on the iphone(they just suck better) The important thing is you gave an honest review and even compared physically the devices... Thats about the best you can get.

glad your liking it I was going to sugest rockwell as well btw, with the font a bit bigger and your line spacing reduced it can be even better to read. I have my margins as wide as they will and the line spacing as small as possible. My refresh is set to 2 pages. That works great for me.

regards

Jack
Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #40
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
I purchased the black yesterday. Although I kept thinking I'd want the lavender, which is my favorite color anyway - I thought, why buy the lavender back when I won't be seeing it while reading? And I thought black on front would look cooler than white; plus black does give that illusion of better contrast.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #41
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
I purchased the black yesterday. Although I kept thinking I'd want the lavender, which is my favorite color anyway - I thought, why buy the lavender back when I won't be seeing it while reading? And I thought black on front would look cooler than white; plus black does give that illusion of better contrast.
I agree, it also doesnt reflect the light back at you, which is great when reading outside.

regards

jack
Old 07-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #42
osmal116
osmal116 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My Kobo is white !!!!
osmal116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:56 AM   #43
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Having to decide what colour to choose meant that I didn't order my Kobo until this afternoon! My original Kobo is black and I really prefer reading with the black front BUT the colours are so pretty. My perfect Kobo would be black front with the blue back.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #44
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
Having to decide what colour to choose meant that I didn't order my Kobo until this afternoon! My original Kobo is black and I really prefer reading with the black front BUT the colours are so pretty. My perfect Kobo would be black front with the blue back.
I stalled buying for the same reason.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #45
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
I wonder if you could achieve that look via a custom skin for it?

Take a look at http://www.gelaskins.com/ and try creating a custom skin with just a blue back to it...

Looks doable; however you would get both the front and back, and it would be $19.95. At least shipping should be easier than for a Kobo itself :P

Last edited by PeterT; 07-05-2011 at 10:50 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote