Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #91
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Ahhh...

I think I have more cards than the two of you combined. I'm a mega-collector.
Yep you win! 4 Is good for me unless there is another free one out there but I don't think I need that many. Brooklyn and READs have the best of the genre I read so I'm good to go.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #92
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yep you win! 4 Is good for me unless there is another free one out there but I don't think I need that many. Brooklyn and READs have the best of the genre I read so I'm good to go.
Do you or your husband still qualify for a military Overdrive account?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #93
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Do you or your husband still qualify for a military Overdrive account?
I'm not sure. He's been out since 2004 so probably not.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-12-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #94
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm not sure. He's been out since 2004 so probably not.
Probably yes. See this really old post: US Navy Overdrive Library. I don't see why it would have changed.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #95
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Probably yes. See this really old post: US Navy Overdrive Library. I don't see why it would have changed.
He didn't retire. His enlistment was nearly up and they started outsourcing his career field to civilians so they gave him the choice to retrain all over again, Join the Army or get out early. Due to a family crisis at home at the time he chose to leave to help out. Was in the Inactive Reserves for several years but that's over with now so I'm pretty sure he doesn't qualify.

The only benefit we still get is his GI Bill.
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #96
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
It was worth a shot. He would still need to be in the DEERS database which is also necessary for Tricare.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #97
Lutraa
Well Read
Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, K4B, Nook HD+, Galaxy S3
And the Navy General Library allows borrowing for up to 30 days! See also https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=25 -- I just checked out several books on the Navy site that have waiting lists of over 10 people at my local library.
Lutraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #98
Zoi
Zoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
Hi guys. I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm posting in wrong topic od subforum.

I want to ask you where are you buying ebooks? I got Kindle NT, and now I want to buy some books, but TBH prices on Amazon are way too high for an electronic book. I mean, paperback is cheaper in most cases than kindle edition, which is illogical, since there is no manufacturing cost for kindle books. I was suprised by it as I expected Kindle books to be much cheaper than their paper counterparts.

Seems like I will just have to buy paperbacks and then find appropriate PDF, convert it and then use it on Kindle
Zoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #99
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoi View Post
Hi guys. I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm posting in wrong topic od subforum.

I want to ask you where are you buying ebooks? I got Kindle NT, and now I want to buy some books, but TBH prices on Amazon are way too high for an electronic book. I mean, paperback is cheaper in most cases than kindle edition, which is illogical, since there is no manufacturing cost for kindle books. I was suprised by it as I expected Kindle books to be much cheaper than their paper counterparts.

Seems like I will just have to buy paperbacks and then find appropriate PDF, convert it and then use it on Kindle
There are a few publishers who price their ebooks pretty high, especially if you are looking at popular (Best seller) authors who have a new book out. Penguin has some of the highest prices.

Now then, if you just want a certain genre, you can certainly find ebooks that cost the same as mass market paperbacks or lower.

Some sites that can help you find cheap genre books:

http://blog.booksontheknob.org/
http://DailyCheapReads.com

Also if you tell any of us or start a thread asking for certain recommendations, you'll have soooo many recs in a short time, you'll be buried (electronically.)

There is a thread somewhere around here talking about where you can buy ebooks, but it always helps to have some idea what kind of books you like to read.

I do buy a lot of books from Amazon as they are the most compatible with Kindle, but I also buy from allromanceebooks.com, sometimes smashwords.com ... there are others.

But seriously, start a thread and ask for recommendations on books and tell people you want books under 5 dollars (or whatever your price range) and you will get lots of recommendations!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #100
Zoi
Zoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
Thank you very much for your help. Those links helped a lot. ATM I have enough books, but I will take you advice for new topic That was very helpful.
Zoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #101
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ also, check out ereaderiq.com and luzme.com. Ereaderiq has a ton of free kindle books and you can also search by price drops, and luzme lets you upload your Amazon wishlist and notifies you when a book drops in price. I think ereaderiq does that as well, but I use luzme for that because it shows you the price in all the stores you preselect.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #102
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoi View Post
Thank you very much for your help. Those links helped a lot. ATM I have enough books, but I will take you advice for new topic That was very helpful.
If you happen to like romance, I know there is a thread here that we do each month talking about the romance bargains that come up. I used to track one for mysteries, but when it changed to a new month, I lost the thread.

Something for everyone! See you around the threads!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote