Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Bookshelf type view?

Hey all,

Is there anyway to get a bookshelf view where it will show the cover art or even a list view that has a small image of the cover?

thanks.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
no it does not give you that view.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
On the Kindle for PC, Kindle for Mac, for iPhone etc., you can get a display with cover art, but not on the kindle itself.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
BTooze
BTooze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I would also like this function and I think it is a short falling by Amazon.

My collegues in work have been most impressed when I have shown them my new Kindle 3 Wi-Fi but they always ask about the book covers.

I think that they have seen this facility on other devices (especially the iPad) and not having it puts them off.

I believe that if Amazon would add this feature they would sell more Kindles.

Regards,

Brian
BTooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I agree that it would be a very useful addition. It does look very attractive in the "iBooks" app on the iPad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Amazon and the various publishers need to put more effort into having proper covers though. Quite a few of the books I've bought have a generic cover image which wouldn't look good on a bookshelf view. They're all from major publishers as well. Its either some sort of rights issue with using that cover image or they're just lazy...
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
Amazon and the various publishers need to put more effort into having proper covers though. Quite a few of the books I've bought have a generic cover image which wouldn't look good on a bookshelf view. They're all from major publishers as well. Its either some sort of rights issue with using that cover image or they're just lazy...
It's a right issue. Image rights are negotiated separately from that of the book itself, and very often the publisher will have eBook rights from the author, but not from the cover artist.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote