Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
Why my interest in the 900 isn't what it was when it was first announced

When they first announced the Daily Edition, I was very interested in it. I wasn't totally sold on getting one, but I definitely was interested. Same thing with the nook when it was announced. But now, I am not sure.

I currently have a 600 and I am very happy with it. I used to have a 505 and the glare still isn't an issue for me. Sure the screen on the 505 is better, but the 600's screen is that much worse to me, and the other features make up for it.

But the 900 seemed nice. A larger screen, wireless, in a Sony product. I wouldn't be locked down to Amazon's store, although that is where I frequently buy my books from anyway. But now that I officially know the price, and with the nook coming out, my interest has waned.

So the nook looked like something I might want to try. Basically, the only idea a wireless device sounds nice is that I would like to get the paper on my reader daily without having to sync it to my computer each day. But that is the only reason. And the thing I wonder is - will Sony and Barnes & Noble find themselves subject to the same problems as Amazon? Will there be times when Daily Edition or nook users wake up to find one of their books missing from their library? I have to wonder about this.

So I have decided to wait and see what happens. The 900 is pretty much out for me because of the price. I really wasn't expecting much cheaper, just hoping. Beside the fact that I have to because they are sold out, I will wait anyway to find out how things go for the nook. Maybe I am just being paranoid, but oh well....
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmad88 View Post
Maybe I am just being paranoid, but oh well....
"If you aren't paranoid, you don't understand reality."

(Someone must have already said that, so I put it in quotes...)

I'm curious about the 900, but can't imagine buying one. It seems to me to have a rather awkward form factor. But I had no idea I'd like the 300 till I held one. And I didn't know I'd dislike the 600 till then, either.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert