Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #12391
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I actually got to take a walk in nice weather today. I took Norton with me. I would have taken Crystal, too, but the two together are too much for me to handle. Since I had let Crystal out in the back yard a few minutes earlier, I thought I thought I could sneak out without being seen, but I had no sooner left the house when I heard barking and turned around to see Crystal climbing the fence. Oh, well. At least she stayed with us, more or less, even though she wasn't on the leash.

This weekend, we might see snow.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:34 PM   #12392
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I actually got to take a walk in nice weather today. I took Norton with me. I would have taken Crystal, too, but the two together are too much for me to handle. Since I had let Crystal out in the back yard a few minutes earlier, I thought I thought I could sneak out without being seen, but I had no sooner left the house when I heard barking and turned around to see Crystal climbing the fence. Oh, well. At least she stayed with us, more or less, even though she wasn't on the leash.

This weekend, we might see snow.
She knew you didn't mean to leave her behind.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #12393
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Norton's a good walking buddy. He only weighs around 25 pounds. Crystal's easily over 100. I love her, but she's a big girl.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #12394
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
We had actual weather for about an hour this morning! At the crack of dawn a small but powerful thunderstorm rolled through. The lightning was right on top of us, so I had to jump up to unplug the electronics.

Gone now, and we're back to uniformly sunny and hottish till mid next week.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:53 AM   #12395
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Yesterday was a great day, over 20C and sunny. Today, though, it's back to autumn it seems. It's raining, and it will be raining for a long while and predictions are that the temperature will be about half of what it was yesterday.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #12396
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Today was beautiful. Temps were in the mid 70s, so my wife and I took advantage of the beautiful weather to get out of the house for a bit. Even now, at 9:30 at night local time I'm sitting here in perfect comfort with the windows open.

My wife tells me that the forecasters are calling for snow Tuesday.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #12397
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Ditto here - forecast is for wet snow for Tuesday - nobody is speculating yet on amount of accumulation ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #12398
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I just looked at the Bing forecast and what it's calling for is freezing rain for Tuesday. It's currently 50° outside, and that's expected to be the high for the day; it's all downhill from here. Tomorrow's high is expected to be 39°, and the low is predicted to be 30°. Fine Spring weather.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #12399
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Our temps have plunged from a morning high of 58 F to a current 44 F - with cold rain (and occasional frozen droplets). The rain is supposed to end (maybe) overnight - but the temps are sposed to bottom out in the mid 20's F - so it's anyone's guess what tomorrow morning will look like ... not to mention Monday night - when the snow is rolling in! I think March's lion ate the lamb! No end of wintry weather!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #12400
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Is this The Day After Tomorrow?
Old 03-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #12401
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Whenever someone makes snarky comments about global warming being disproved by this weather pattern, I refer them to this movie ....
Old 03-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #12402
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

What folks who live in North America can so easily fail to realize is that for the rest of the globe, 2013 was one of the hottest on record, and 2014 seems to be following in its footsteps. This unusually frigid weather pattern we've been experiencing only affects those of us in North America, and the breakdown of the regular polar vortex pattern that caused it could very well be a result of climate change. The polar ice is melting, the mountains of ice that have been there for thousands of years are vanishing, and that affects the wind patterns.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-23-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #12403
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
No. This is the day before tomorrow!

Always will be!

Chilly and overcast, today, but good weather for 8.5 hours on the road, bringing my son back to school.

Still, saw a terrible single car accident just before the merge with the NY Thruway -- no matter what else may have happened, judging from how far the car landed from its last tire marks, it had to have been significantly speeding. Several people were standing around, and I saw no signs of any injuries, so maybe everyone was lucky. (The car was upside down, but the roof supports held, and it didn't collapse.)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:01 AM   #12404
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
No. This is the day before tomorrow!

Always will be!...
Albert Einstein wrote, "People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." Of course, that's only relatively speaking.

It's currently 34° F here. The temperature is predicted to rise to 40° before dipping to 29° by midnight.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #12405
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Beautiful bright sunshine, but it's cold -- setting up for tomorrow's ice, sleet and snow.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty