Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2008, 05:45 AM   #1
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Smile Use on a plane?

Does anyone know for sure that the PRC505 is plane safe?

Im flying to NYC on Christmas day, and would like to take some of my books with me, for the 7 hours of flying.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:14 AM   #2
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Every flight I've been on in the last 4-5 years has allowed the use of electronic devices once the seatbelt sign has turned off (i.e outside takeoff and landing). And my 505 has done the trip to Spain, to visit my folks, at least 4, if not 5 times in the last 3 years.

Just remember that when they say "Turn off all devices" you should be doing a full shutdown, not flipping it into standby :-)
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
Just remember that when they say "Turn off all devices" you should be doing a full shutdown, not flipping it into standby :-)
I personally flip MY reader into a standby.
There is ho full shutdown option for PRS-500 ;-)

It is perfectly safe to read during flight. I have done this many times. During takeof and landing there is nt enough light to read by anyway ...
kacir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Welcome to yet ANOTHER thread about a reader on a plane.

Please see the following thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15147
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
I really advise you to read the thread JSWolf points.
You will get all the answers to the questions you have now and some to the ones you would have in the future.

To this one question, it is simple: you should (and can get problems from the people from the plane) turn off (or just put into sleep) your reader during taking off and landing.
The rest of the time… read ahead!

Best regards,

Last edited by DDHarriman; 12-17-2008 at 03:05 PM.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2008, 07:57 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
cut
And my 505 has done the trip to Spain, to visit my folks, at least 4, if not 5 times in the last 3 years.

:-)
Your 505 visited your parents? ---

I hope you accompanied your Reader!!

I need to get more info about Frequent Reader Miles!!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote