Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
proc
proc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, ipad
Upload books to Calibre via WebUI

We use Calibre on Linux in the house as a means of centralizing our book database and every now-and-then sharing our book purchases between devices (my kids have kindles as do I and my wife along with an ipad.. all of the kindles were purchased under the same account).

When I do purchase a book (various sources), my process has been to copy the .mobi or .epub book to my linux server, convert the book to make it such that I have both formats, then add the book to the library. All of that is done via the command line.

From there, we simply open the browser on the device (kindle experimental browser or ipad safari), log in to the webUI for calibre, search & find the book we want, click "get" and viola: we have the book on the device.

I'm wondering if there is any plan to enable uploading books to the library via the web interface on calibre? Sure, I can write my own.. but something integrated would be much easier to manage.

Thanks!
proc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
As soon as multi-user support is enabled, I believe. This is on Kovid's long-term TODO list, but there is no ETA.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
While waiting for such implementation, I think you can make use of Auto Add feature.
1) Set a certain folder for Calibre to monitor
2) Have that folder synchronized with a certain cloud service
3) Upload book to that folder, from PC or mobile.
4) That's that.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:50 AM   #4
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Tolino Vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by proc View Post
convert the book to make it such that I have both formats, then add the book to the library.
Forgive me being nitpickish, but wouldn't the other way round be a more efficient workflow?
Lofwyr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
While waiting for such implementation, I think you can make use of Auto Add feature.
1) Set a certain folder for Calibre to monitor
2) Have that folder synchronized with a certain cloud service
3) Upload book to that folder, from PC or mobile.
4) That's that.
Remember! Auto-add DELETES the copy dropped into the folder.
Keep a backup
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofwyr23 View Post
Forgive me being nitpickish, but wouldn't the other way round be a more efficient workflow?
Yes, and it is also more efficient to use the GUI.

But the OP is doing it all on a webserver, which makes that difficult.

Although personally I would run calibre locally and handle everything on my end, then rsync it to the server. But I manage my device(s) over USB and the server would only be a backup, so I need it local.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upload, web