Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-31-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
Firmware 3.3.0 Issue (download tile)

Since I upgraded to 3.3.0 I'm getting this:

When I power off and boot again Nikel shows empty tiles titled "Downloading" . Library is empty.
I have to connect to usb and disconnect. Then system upgrades the list of books contained (in main memory, I have no sd card).
After all this I have my books loaded in library but have to eliminate manually all tiles marked "downloading".
If I power off and on again I have to do repeat all this.

Any cue?
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:24 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This is usually a sign that the database on the device is corrupt. While running, everything is OK as the device is running on an in-memory copy of the data. But, it can't update the database because it is corrupted. Powering off forces the database to be read at startup and that will have old and possibly incomplete data.

If you have a backup of the database, you can restore it. Otherwise the fix is to log out on the device and then back in. The device will create a new database and reload the books into this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
Problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This is usually a sign that the database on the device is corrupt. While running, everything is OK as the device is running on an in-memory copy of the data. But, it can't update the database because it is corrupted. Powering off forces the database to be read at startup and that will have old and possibly incomplete data.

If you have a backup of the database, you can restore it. Otherwise the fix is to log out on the device and then back in. The device will create a new database and reload the books into this.
-------------

This solved the problem. I had also problem with note taking (they were not saved). Now it is all right. thx
xping is offline   Reply With Quote