Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-28-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
TMFWTX
TMFWTX began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hello to board from Texas, USA

Hello to all from West Texas. I received a PRS-505 for X-mas . I had looked into e-readers a bit earlier in the year, but had put that idea on the back burner, mostly due to the cost being quite a bit more than I cared to invest. But I guess now the decision has been made for me! So now I want to make sure I get the money's worth out of it for the person who was kind enough to give it to me.

So far I like it, though the only ebooks on it right now are the free ones from the Connect offer (and I'm not really in the mood for War and Peace or Moby Dick at the moment). It looks like this board will be a good resource! I pretty quickly discovered the PDF problem when I tried to read a magazine that I get in PDF, so I guess my first task is to figure that out. Look forward to exploring the board!

Happy New Year to all!
TMFWTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:06 PM   #2
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
welcome!
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Welcome to the forum, TMFWTX, from the other side of Texas. Have a look around including at the books in the upload section that are formatted for the Sony Reader. You may also find that the free utility PDFLRF (search on it) works for your PDFs. I use it a lot and it works fine for me.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:14 PM   #4
TMFWTX
TMFWTX began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Welcome to the forum, TMFWTX, from the other side of Texas. Have a look around including at the books in the upload section that are formatted for the Sony Reader. You may also find that the free utility PDFLRF (search on it) works for your PDFs. I use it a lot and it works fine for me.
Thanks for the welcome! I did find pdflrf in pretty short order and it worked great for me. Not perfect, of course, but it serves my purpose and I'm looking forward to what else I find on here!
TMFWTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:26 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert