Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
lexxi
Member Retired
lexxi began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Question AAC files don't show cover or author

Hi
I currently have the problem that I want to put an audiobook with AAC file format on the reader. It is tagged with all the information. But it doesn't show the cover or author.
If I convert it into mp3 it shows all the information but the time shown is only 8 minutes (instead of 6 hours something) at some point the time stops counting and later it stops playing altogether before the file is finished.

Has anyone an idea on how to solve this?

For right now I can live with it that the information is not shown but the more files i put on the more I'd like to see that information.
lexxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
How are you transferring the book - via iTunes?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
lexxi
Member Retired
lexxi began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Hi

the audiobook is stored in itunes, from there I convert it into a DRM free Audio file m4a so that the reader can play it. Then it just sits in a folder on my hard drive.
Then I tried transferring via Sony Reader Library and
directly via Drag and Drop onto the Reader via Finder (using Mac OS 10.6.7)
I didn't know that I could put it on via iTunes... actually I wouldn't know how... maybe you have an idea.
I had the feeling that the reader simply doesn't read the tags correctly.
Because if I convert it into a mp3 it reads the tags without problems. But then like I wrote in the last post I have the 8 min problem.
lexxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
My 950 can read the tags on AAC files ok. You cannot use iTunes to transfer the files. You need to use Reader Library or drag-and-drop. I would try two things. First have you transferred other music files and found the same issue? Just to rule out it isn't a problem with this particular file. Second, select the track in iTunes. Do Cmd-i to see the track info. Double-check that all the fields have info. Try re-adding the cover image into the info box and hit ok.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
You beat me to it, B G!

I came back to add that I sometimes have an issue with tagging, especially cover art when transferring mp3 items - it looks tagged correctly, but needs some underlying tweaking to get the info to "stick". With Windows Media Player I find I need to attach (link) the cover pic to each file of the book, even though it's there as the cover.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
prs 650 aac audiobook