Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
wsignal
wsignal began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Upload Only Metadata to a Sony Ereader?

Is it possible to upload only metadata to a Sony ereader? I have a PRS700, which likes to error out (usually USB Errno 13) and corrupt the metadata database on the reader. The books themselves arrive just fine, it's just the metadata that gets hosed. It seems a real waste of time to have to upload all of the book files just to replace the metadata.

I appreciate your help.
wsignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
go to preferences->add/save->sending to device and set metadata management to automatic
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
wsignal
wsignal began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Thank you! It's a great feature.
wsignal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, metadata, sony, upload