Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Showing only one End-note at a time

I've got a book with loads of end-notes in it and I've put them all into the same xhtml file so as to make it a bit easier for me to manage the end-notes.

What I would like though is to be able to only show one end-note on the screen at a time.

I've tried using thie following:

Code:
<p id="note1" class="endnote">Blah, blah, blah</p>
with the CSS being:

Code:
.endnote {page-break-before:always; page-break-after:always;}
but this doesn't seem to work as all the end-notes still seem to show on screen at the same time.

Any idea what (if it exists) is the correct CSS to get this to work, or do I need to break the end-notes down to one end-note per xhtml file?
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It works for me. Maybe there some other mistake that is causing that style to be ignored?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's odd. I'm not sure what could be causing it in the file as so far the contents of the end-notes file is:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
  <title>Title</title>
  <link href="../Styles/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>

<body>
  <p class="endnote" id="note1">Blah, blah, blah</p>

<p class="endnote" id="note2">Blah, blah, blah</p>

<p class="endnote" id="note3">Blah, blah, blah</p>

<p class="endnote" id="note4">Blah, blah, blah</p>
</body>
</html>
With the only styles in use effecting that page in the CSS are:

Code:
  body     {margin-left:10px; margin-right:10px;}
  p        {margin:0; text-align:justify; text-indent:1em; font-family:serif;}
  .endnote {page-break-before:always; page-break-after:always;}
The only thing I can thing of is the fact I'm using epubreader in Firefox to preview it and that's causing the issue. I'm currently only have access to a machine with epubreader on it, I wont have access to my main pc until I get home from work, and I can't add anything to the machine I'm using.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
The only thing I can thing of is the fact I'm using epubreader in Firefox to preview it and that's causing the issue. I'm currently only have access to a machine with epubreader on it, I wont have access to my main pc until I get home from work, and I can't add anything to the machine I'm using.
I can verify that ePubReader won't honor those css pagebreaks while ADE will.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
ghostyjack
Guru

Well that explains it, I got it right in the first place (bit of a miracle that).

Thanks guys for checking it out.
Advert