Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 10-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Two Questions

I just got my Story HD, and I'm fairly pleased with it, but there are two things I want to know:

1) Is there a reason that the left margin of the text is always wider than the right margin, regardless of my own style settings?

2) Is there a way to get the Story to add all my books to its collection, instead of reading as Unknown until I open them all individually?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Which ebook format are you using?

I use Epub and margins are respected for me. I know that for sure because I changed the right margin from 5pt to 10pt to have less of an overlap with the little page numbers it displays there.

Books should be shown by filename, if not by Author/Title. I only have "Unknown" book when I do something funny like remove the SD card with the book I'm currently reading on it.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use ePub. With the margins set to 0.2em on the left and right there's a definite difference between the left margin and the right margin. Perhaps it wouldn't show up if the margins were larger, but I don't feel like adjusting the margins on all six hundred of my books when it would only make it harder to read on a smaller reader.

I can see the filename of each book, but the Title and Author show up as unknown until each book has already been opened.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do you have the Wifi or Basic device, and which firmware version are you using?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

It's the US wifi version, running the most recent firmware.
Advert