Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Dawner
Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Dawner gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: iPad & Nook
Great Free ePub Books from Copia

www.thecopia.com is giving way a ton (well, at least a dozen) great books.
Among the offers:
The Borgias (book that inspired the series)
In the Heat of the Night
God Save the Mark (Edgar winner from Donald Westlake)
Bang the Drum Slowly
Shoeless Joe
Mute Witness (inspired Bullitt)
The House of Doctor Edwards (Spellbound)
The wheel spins(The Lady Vanishes)

There's more, too. You can either use Copia's free eReader or sideload to Nook and other devices.
Dawner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Gronk
Zealot
Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, PW2, Sony PRS 950, 350
I couldn't even get one to download without installing their software.
Gronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk View Post
I couldn't even get one to download without installing their software.
Yeah, you do need to use their software to download them, but they use regular Adobe ID encryption so can be sideloaded on readers such as Sony's, Kobo's and Nook's (be sure not to let the software deactivate ADE if you have it installed).

A lot of the Copia freebies have been around for a while, more info in this thread among others...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124109
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Interesting that it's a 'beta' site. Wonder who is behind it and where they intend to go.
No question that the MR viewers bogged down their site today.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Three of the four freebies added today won't download at all (and can't be direct "buy" clicked, but must be added via the cart, or it asks for payment details). Apparently Copia is "working on it", but I really detest having to use their reader app (but at least it just drops the epubs to the hard drive, rather than tossing them into a single file, as Kobo does).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Apparently Copia is "working on it", but I really detest having to use their reader app (but at least it just drops the epubs to the hard drive, rather than tossing them into a single file, as Kobo does).
All Copia's accomplished so far with their freebies is given me some pretty good books and assured that I'll likely never actually purchase anything from them. Their software sucks and I don't really care for their website either.

Not sure what you mean about Kobo. All the books I've gotten there can be downloaded by simply using ADE.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
All Copia's accomplished so far with their freebies is given me some pretty good books and assured that I'll likely never actually purchase anything from them. Their software sucks and I don't really care for their website either.

Not sure what you mean about Kobo. All the books I've gotten there can be downloaded by simply using ADE.
If you use the app, it ends up in a library file. No big deal, I just don't use it, except to purchase some books that won't purchase via the website (same issue with borders app and past site). I then re-download the EPUB (except for those few that can't be downloaded that way, that I've gotten burned on once or twice).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
It appears to me that three of the new books are in PDF format:
Mute Witness (inspired Bullitt)
The House of Doctor Edwards (Spellbound)
The wheel spins(The Lady Vanishes)
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Three of the four freebies added today won't download at all (and can't be direct "buy" clicked, but must be added via the cart, or it asks for payment details). Apparently Copia is "working on it", but I really detest having to use their reader app (but at least it just drops the epubs to the hard drive, rather than tossing them into a single file, as Kobo does).
I don't see any option to add the books to a cart--I just see the "Buy" button, which asks me for credit card details.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I don't see any option to add the books to a cart--I just see the "Buy" button, which asks me for credit card details.
Are you logged in? I don't get add to cart until/unless I'm logged in.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm using their software, it's not asking me for a log-in.

ETA: OK, I went to their web page instead. Now I have a cart.

ETA: Great, so now I "own" them, but they won't download.

Last edited by Catlady; 07-08-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

In the lower left corner there should be a box with your user name and a link below it that says "Sign in to Copia".
Old 07-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
They won't download for me, either. I've tried several times over the past couple of days and keep getting "Sync not available. Please try again later."
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #14
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Copia is aware that the books cannot be downloaded and they are working on it, as per this response they sent me:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting us.

We do know about the issue and are working on it.

We will be in touch with you when the problem is resolved.

Thank you,
The Copia Customer Support
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #15
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
In the lower left corner there should be a box with your user name and a link below it that says "Sign in to Copia".
That box had me signed in already. As I added to my earlier post, I did finally get signed in through the Web page. Thanks for your help.

Tags
copia, deals, epub, free books, nook