Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Aldiko 2 image and text formatting issues

I tried Aldiko Premium 2.0 and 2.0.1 on my Nexus S phone running Android 2.3.3. Aldiko 2 has image and text formatting issues that were not present in version 1.

All ebook images, including book covers, are displayed at full size rather than reduced to fit the screen with zoom option like in version 1. This looks ugly and reduces usability.

Further, checking an ebook that Aldiko 1 displayed perfectly, I found regressions in Aldiko 2 ePub rendering. An ebook illustration caption that Aldiko 1 correctly displayed centered and italicized is instead formatted as plain, justified text by Aldiko 2. Also, for indented paragraphs that have extra left margin, Aldiko 2 uses the same left text margin as the rest of the ebook. I created that ebook, and it passes two ePub validators including epubcheck. And I did check the Aldiko setting for using the book CSS.

Finally, the bottom menu displayed when touching the phone's Menu button while displaying an ebook is partially cropped at the bottom on the Nexus S screen.

Can anybody confirm these issues?
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
Souldor_MT
Souldor_MT began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy & iPad
I KNOW!

original post here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127914

I'm having the same issue. Aldiko 1.0 was awesome, and once I came back to transferring our Indesign files for ePub, Aldiko 2.0 came out and ruined everything!

There used to be a function to hold one finger on an image to zoom in and see it full size, but that seems gone, and the images get cut and are terribly ugly

If anyone has a solution I'd love to hear it
Souldor_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldor_MT View Post
I KNOW!
Aldiko 1.0 was awesome, and once I came back to transferring our Indesign files for ePub, Aldiko 2.0 came out and ruined everything!
Aldiko 1 was indeed awesome, and Aldiko 2 screwed up. All that the Aldiko tech support is able to suggest is to downgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldor_MT View Post
There used to be a function to hold one finger on an image to zoom in and see it full size, but that seems gone, and the images get cut and are terribly ugly
I wonder why they willingly removed those great features. They boast Adobe DRM support in Aldiko 2, which i don't give a damn for.
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Souldor_MT
Souldor_MT began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy & iPad
It's indeed a hard market. My boss (with logical reason) wants our ePubs to be able to display as formatted in InDesign.

It seems to be working fine on iPad (minus some bullet alignment and messy fonts that must be solved in CSS) But because Android is so open sources and there are so many free e-readers for all android platforms....it is going to definitely be a problem to ensure that our clients who have Android phones/tablets will see it as intended
Souldor_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #5
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire Tablet 7"
I've tried Aldiko in my Fire Tablet 7 and the books are displayed with a skinny column of text in the middle of the page. Anyone know what's up with that? Denise
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #6
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
Did you choose an almost 6 year old thread for any reason? You've probably got some funky center justification turned on
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:52 AM   #7
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I didn't see the date until I had posted. At least I got a reply. On my Nook App I downloaded, it has an option for 3 different "justification"/margin control. I didn't see it on Aldiko. I'll look again.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #8
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

dumb question, what version of aldiko?

what type of ebook?

lots of infoz needed still
Old 01-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #9
abbynormal52
Groupie

You could do me a big favor by "not" helping me in the future. I don't need anyone EVER telling me I'm asking a dumb question. I take it your NOT a connoisseur of good manners.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #10
Tikker
Zealot

um check your attitude at the door

the dumb question was mine, as in "probably you downloaded the most current version, but since you posted in a 6 year old thread about a really old version of aldiko, I just want to check which version you chose"

i'm not saying your question is dumb

reading comprehension for the lose, I guess