Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
sandaleen
sandaleen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3G, Kindle Paperwhite
Transferring your Kindle account from .com to .de

Hi all

I would like to purchase some german books from amazon.de - my kindle is registered in the US (we're in Switzerland).

What are the repercussions of moving my account? Will I only have access to limited English content now? Can I move back?

Thanks for the help!
sd
sandaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I do not know if it can help you but I have changed my credit card serveral times and also my email address but not my account for say. Just changed the cards and email address of the account. I am sure it is not the same as you are needing to do.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
You don't need to "move" your account. In fact, in this context, accounts can't be "moved".

What you need to do is to unregister your Kindle at .com, and then register it at .de. You will then be able to buy of the Kindle books (German or English) listed at .de.

You can reverse the process any time you like.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
sandaleen
sandaleen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3G, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks Mike - good to know it can be reversed!
sandaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
Gizmor
Gizmor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
In fact, it is possible to move your account between ".com" and ".de".

On ".de" go to "Mein Kindle" -> "Ihr Land". There you can enter an adress in the U.S. and it will transfer you account back to ".com".
Gizmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2011, 03:12 AM   #6
Verres
Zealot
Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
The information about account switching and experiences with the Amazon DE store in the german language subforum of mobileread might also be of use to you.
Verres is offline   Reply With Quote