Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-19-2008, 05:24 AM   #76
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi Lisa,

Am I correct in believing that you are the manufacturer of the Bookeen CyBook?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:20 AM   #77
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
I just crashed the screen of my iLiad, so *I* should be the tester, because you need the most boneheaded user to make the endurance test.
Gogolo
(Sorry for this post)
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #78
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I just realized that since the Netronix runs Windows CE, then I'd be able to use AvantGo on it. I've always enjoyed using AvantGo on my Palm devices.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #79
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I just realized that since the Netronix runs Windows CE, then I'd be able to use AvantGo on it. I've always enjoyed using AvantGo on my Palm devices.
Not necessarily - it depends how MUCH of Windows runs on it.

Windows CE is a modular operating system that manufacturers can pick and choose which bits to install. They could, for example, just choose to run the o/s kernel, but not the windowing system (I'm not sure how well a traditional windows UI would work on an eInk device). We'll have to wait and see.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #80
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Not necessarily - it depends how MUCH of Windows runs on it.

Windows CE is a modular operating system that manufacturers can pick and choose which bits to install. They could, for example, just choose to run the o/s kernel, but not the windowing system (I'm not sure how well a traditional windows UI would work on an eInk device). We'll have to wait and see.

Doesn't really matter. I've been trying for several WEEKS to get an email through to ANY of their addresses. I've tried my corporate email, my gmail account and my personal email addresses and they all say that the email system cannot deliver to Netronix. And Lisa hasn't responded to any of my last PMs here at MobileRead. Getting rather frustrating.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2008, 02:32 AM   #81
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Doesn't really matter. I've been trying for several WEEKS to get an email through to ANY of their addresses. I've tried my corporate email, my gmail account and my personal email addresses and they all say that the email system cannot deliver to Netronix. And Lisa hasn't responded to any of my last PMs here at MobileRead. Getting rather frustrating.

Derek
And it's now clear that the naebllc.com, comcast.net and gmail.com accounts couldn't get through. However, my new inbox.com account DID.

Derek
Old 04-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #82
delphidb96
Wizard

I got a decent photo of the EB-100.

It looks suspiciously like the Cybook.

Derek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2755Sm.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	1,023.8 KB
ID:	11918  
Old 04-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #83
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I disagree. I think it looks like the NUUT or the Starebook.

P.S. What's the status on the Cybook order?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #84
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I disagree. I think it looks like the NUUT or the Starebook.

P.S. What's the status on the Cybook order?
We've got our 40 orders. We're in the process of getting our invoice from Bookeen and then we'll wire them the money and get the units shipped. It's a complex process.

Derek
Old 04-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #85
teamonkey
teamonkey has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: WM5 smartphone
Hi

I see that some people have had trouble finding more information about the Netronix ebook readers. I sent an email to Netronix after reading about them on Engadget and recently got a reply. I hope they don't mind me posting it here, but I think people might find it informative.

Quote:
For the eBook, we currently have one model(EB-1001) available for mass
production which is with Linux2.4 platform . 6" eBook Reader device with 6"
E-paper
screen . Ebook format support TXT, PDF, RTF, HTML/CHM. For this model,the AP
layer development (softwarewise) is designed by customers
as content provider format is different in every territory. During the
development, we would provide customer SDK to develop software to be
compatible with content
provider's format like Mobipocket DRM. Gernerally, our customer would apply
for a license from Mobipocket to include their format to our device.
We are currently applying a license from Mobipocket as well. It's not
finalized yet. If we get a license from Mobipocket, then we will include
their format
to our next vesion of the ebook .
Could you please kindly share me more information regarding of your company
? Is there web site ? Will your software engineers handle the AP
development ?
IPlease kindly advise, so that I could work out the best solution for you.
Thanks. Below is our schdule for all ebook project for your reference.

EB-100 in 6" e-paper display with Linux2.6 platform didn't support WiFi,
bluetooth or touchscreen. Sample & SDK is available now. No AP
will be included
( Remark: EB100 with Linux2.4 is available for production now. Linux2.6
platform will be ready by end June. )

EB-200 in 6" e-paper display with Linux2.6 platform support WiFi, bluetooth
& touchscreen. WiFi , Bluetooth & Touchscreen are optional. No AP
will be inclued. Book format support PDF, TXT, RTF, HTML/CHM . Sample & SDK
will be available around end June.

EB-201 in 6" e-paper display with WinCE5.0 support WiFi, bluetooth &
touchscreen. WiFi , Bluetooth & Touchscreen are optional. This model will
include AP which support book format - PDF, TXT, RTF, HTML/CHM , Power
Point & Word and Excel.. Sample & SDK .
Sample & SDK will be available by end June.

EB-300 in 9.7" e-paper display with WinCE5.0 support WiFi, bluetooth &
touchscreen. WiFi , Bluetooth & Touchscreen are optional. This model will
include AP which support book format - PDF, TXT, RTF, HTML/CHM , Power
Point & Word and Excel.. Sample will be available around end Sept.

Your comments, please. By the way, regarding of the touch panel, we use the
" Four-Wire Analog Resistive Touch Panel " and input mode support " Stylus
or Finger" .
teamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #86
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamonkey View Post
Hi

I see that some people have had trouble finding more information about the Netronix ebook readers. I sent an email to Netronix after reading about them on Engadget and recently got a reply. I hope they don't mind me posting it here, but I think people might find it informative.
Interesting. The 100 and the 300 have been on the MobileRead wiki for some time now but the others are new.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:48 AM   #87
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
I asked Lisa what the projected cost of the 300 will be and she provided the response below:
Dear Sir,

Cost is not ready. Probably will be available by end July.

Regards,
Lisa
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #88
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Yikes, I wonder how many *other* devices will beat them to the market. That's a friggin long time for even a quote (and this info has been out for a little while now!). They need to get on the ball, because if quotes aren't available until Q3 2008, then the actual device might not even make it into real hands until late Q4 2008 or maybe even early Q1 2009. Ouch! Sony might beat them to the punch.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #89
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
Yikes, I wonder how many *other* devices will beat them to the market. That's a friggin long time for even a quote (and this info has been out for a little while now!). They need to get on the ball, because if quotes aren't available until Q3 2008, then the actual device might not even make it into real hands until late Q4 2008 or maybe even early Q1 2009. Ouch! Sony might beat them to the punch.
to my knowledge only Netronix and Jinke are even talking about these devices and the limiting time is likely PVI making the screens in the first place. I think 4th quarter is a good bet.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #90
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I can't see PVI making larger screens while their plant is running flat out trying to cope with demand for the 6" screens.

Tags
e ink, e-book reader, netronix, pvi