Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Toolbar clipbank - possible feature

What do you guys/gals think of a feature, which would be an additional number of buttons in the toolbar (say 10), which when clicking, would insert a small clip of text. Each button could be programmable, from a menu or prefs, so you can alter the contents.
(sort of a toolbar clip-bank)
So if you press button 1, it would insert '<h2 title="dummy">.
If you press any of the other buttons it would then insert whatever they were programmed with.

Would this be handy? Would this be possible?
(If yes to both, I'll put in a feature request )
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
What do you guys/gals think of a feature, which would be an additional number of buttons in the toolbar (say 10), which when clicking, would insert a small clip of text. Each button could be programmable, from a menu or prefs, so you can alter the contents.
(sort of a toolbar clip-bank)
So if you press button 1, it would insert '<h2 title="dummy">.
If you press any of the other buttons it would then insert whatever they were programmed with.

Would this be handy? Would this be possible?
(If yes to both, I'll put in a feature request )
Could the be "Macro" buttons which would allow for lots of uses

I currently have the 6 buttons on my "Expert Mouse" programed to do repetitive tasks: Types: (space)DelDel to join split paras.
I also have a space, Del,dash, Page-down and Page-up, buttons and I use those buttons along with a second (standard) mouse and I don't have to keep mouse<=> keyboard
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
I wouldn't object to it--right now I use NoteTab's extensive clipbank feature to edit the html before I put it into Sigil. Saves me no end of brain-damage.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
There's so much talk about NoteTab on this forum that I guess I'll just have to check it out.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
You'll never be the same.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
You'll never be the same.
Seconded. @Cap turned me onto this, and it rocks, period. The clipbank is worth its weight in gold, and believe me when I tell you I use 1/10th of one percent of its features. You, Valloric, will be able to hyperdrive this thing.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote