Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #3061
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie4msg View Post
hi guys

I want to establish a ssh-connection to my kindle.
I just installed usbnetworking an a k3gb and everything went fine. (really? for example: the run folder is empty...)
But now Iam not able to activate it.
When I write ";un" into the searchbar und press the small "Enter"-Button, it shows me that it found nothing ^^
You have to follow the instructions for your particular device. It should be ";debugOn", followed by "~usbNetwork" for a K3 (source)

Quote:
After dropping a blank auto file into the usbnetwork folder, there was still no actviation sign of usbnetworking ...
Did you restart your Kindle after placing this file?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #3062
fonzie4msg
Connoisseur
fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3gb (3g)
yes i retsrted..
now i started the debug mode as you said and followed twobobs suggestion.
Now iam looking at a prompt and it feels fine. Finally something worked
usb interface up
starting telnet
starting sshd
fonzie4msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #3063
fonzie4msg
Connoisseur
fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

looks like iam stupid as ****... hmmm

I did "sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.15.201" on my PC

and "ssh 192.168.15.201" ... the shell of the PC said hallo to me.. welcome to Ubuntu LTS .. looks like iam connectet to my own PC

I have to stop... my eyes hurt...

Edit: can't wait till tomorrow, but I have to
Thanks guys. It makes some progress...

Last edited by fonzie4msg; 04-04-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #3064
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I do that all the time...

connect to the other end

usbnet/etc/config
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #3065
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
looks like iam stupid as ****... hmmm

I did "sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.15.201" on my PC

and "ssh 192.168.15.201" ... the shell of the PC said hallo to me.. welcome to Ubuntu LTS .. looks like iam connectet to my own PC

I have to stop... my eyes hurt...

Edit: can't wait till tomorrow, but I have to
Thanks guys. It makes some progress...
Ah found it:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...48&postcount=1

Give that a read.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #3066
fonzie4msg
Connoisseur

I screamed: YES! YES!

done! (and very funny written post by these guys)

only telnet works.. but Iam going to try the commands you wrote me with telnet...)
Old 04-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #3067
twobob

I'm checking the thingy now you mentioned via PM. gimme 5 to get it on a clean device
Old 04-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #3068
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I screamed: YES! YES!

done! (and very funny written post by these guys)

only telnet works.. but Iam going to try the commands you wrote me with telnet...)
So follow the link(s) to the subsequent posts.

The one linked to above does end with only telnet directions.
But nmap should have reported that the sshd server was also running.

Later threads in the howto series covers getting ssh connected also.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #3069
fonzie4msg
Connoisseur

I usually read closely but I thought telnet was sufficient for my needs.
Thought....

after the ifconfig stuff.. my Internet does strange things. It shows me that "my connection" is broken.. but i have all access... and after that popup i cant write to my telnet prompt. strange)
any ideas?
Maybe I should look for an Ubuntu forum... It's not really about mobileread stuff.

Last edited by fonzie4msg; 04-05-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #3070
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I usually read closely but I thought telnet was sufficient for my needs.
It is.
Presuming that your USB cable is physically secure.

Those directions **ARE** written for Ubuntu.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #3071
twobob

telnet I think does not call the PATH LD_LIBARY_PATH stuff into play... so apps may fail in unusual ways...
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #3072
kolosus
kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 4 NT (wifi), Kindle 5 (3g + wifi)
If you think Ubuntu is the issue then how about trying it from a live CD, other than Ubuntu? Most distros come with telnet.
kolosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #3073
fonzie4msg
Connoisseur

hmm its strange. I would like to stick to ubuntu due to the rest of the project.
I am going to try my ubuntu laptop if there is no solution...

maybe its simply deactivating wireless. Cause after ifconfig it searches for a wireless connection while beeing on cable. (on my desktop PC.. strange...)

Iam currently not at home.. Ill see at Sunday. Have a nice weekend, to all you guys.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #3074
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
hmm its strange. I would like to stick to ubuntu due to the rest of the project.
I am going to try my ubuntu laptop if there is no solution...

maybe its simply deactivating wireless. Cause after ifconfig it searches for a wireless connection while beeing on cable. (on my desktop PC.. strange...)

Iam currently not at home.. Ill see at Sunday. Have a nice weekend, to all you guys.
Correct - -
On the whirling little thingy while it searches - click it - click "disconnect" on that thingy's menu.

Did you read the linked page above ? ?
Did it not say: Disable the automounting ? ?
Where in that page does it use the ifconfig command ? ?

Try reading those directions again please.
Maybe even open the spoiler at the bottom of the page.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #3075
twobob

I just did this all with a windows use once today. (okay, it took most of the day... lol)

It is totally doable.

Just takes a bit of love and patience.

see you at the w/e

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet