Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 08-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
kayleighleigh
kayleighleigh began at the beginning.

Device: reb1100
HELP

I have an reb1100 ebook from RCA. I finally got a new usb cord and found my charger...I can't find any of the software for it...so now I'm stuck.

I want to be able to use this again...please help me! What do I need? Where do I find it?

Thanks
Deb
kayleighleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
kayleighleigh

ok I downloaded the ebook librarian...but it says device is not recognized...what else do I need?

thanks
deb
Advert
Old 08-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #3
kayleighleigh

ok, found software, still won't recognize my reb1100 Please help me! I'm so confused!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #4
kayleighleigh

sitting here banging my head....anyone?
Old 08-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
EDIT: I also found the below thread with information.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=reb+1100
----------------------------------------------------------

I just saw your post. I don't have your device but I did a search and found the below thread..

Maybe this has information you could use? If not message back and we can try to find someone who has experience with this.

Last edited by dreams; 08-23-2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: EDIT note with additional link
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 12:15 AM   #6
kayleighleigh

ok, I found my disk ebook librarian for reb1100 I installed it...I also downloaded the ebook usb driver 3.00 that was recommended....It still doesn't recognize my ebook as being connected to the computer....

Last edited by kayleighleigh; 08-24-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #7
kayleighleigh

when I open the librarian it says have to find serial port...then it searches and says there are one or more open ports and to plug my ebook into one...it is plugged into one....but it doesn't recognize it....
Old 08-24-2009, 02:56 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Post #5 in the below thread talks about this I think.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
kayleighleigh

fixed it! I don't remember exactly how...but I had to do some kind of troubleshooting with the driver! It works now!!!

Thanks so much!

I even downloaded some books for it last night and got them onto my reb 1100! I haven't used it since 2004!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Congratulations!

Oh, and welcome to MobileRead. I hope you enjoy reading on your REB.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella

YEA!!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #12
Sputz
Sputz began at the beginning.

Device: RCA 1100
Help 1100

OK I'm another newbie on the block with problems. I just purchased an unregistered 1100 and appropriate USB cord. Put eBookLibrarian CD in the drive ... Can't read it! I HAVE A MAC.

Secondly, Don't know how to use this site to find appropriate posting place ... or how to get back to see if any one has answered ...

Is there anybody out there? And can you help.

Last edited by Sputz; 01-06-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Wasn't finished ...
Sputz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:18 AM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputz View Post
OK I'm another newbie on the block with problems. I just purchased an unregistered 1100 and appropriate USB cord. Put eBookLibrarian CD in the drive ... Can't read it! I HAVE A MAC.

Secondly, Don't know how to use this site to find appropriate posting place ... or how to get back to see if any one has answered ...

Is there anybody out there? And can you help.
Welcome to MR!

I hope all this information helps. I have the Sony 505 and don't have any experience with your device. You might find help in the Legacy E-Book Devices Forums.

the MR Wiki entry for the REB 1100

The REB 1100 for Dummies link which says the eBook Librarian is a Windows program but can be run on a Mac using VirtualPC.

Good luck and just post your questions in the Legacy forums if you want to know anything.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #14
Sputz
Sputz began at the beginning.

Device: RCA 1100
ThanX ... Gave it away yesterday ... Had printed out enough directions to get to Spain by dogsled, downloaded just one teensy tiny program, and somehow deleted my applications folder. Think I'll wait until I can get a Kindle 2. Appreciate the help!
Sputz is offline   Reply With Quote