Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #1
bchenry82
bchenry82 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Unhappy unable to convert .cbr files in calibre

hello,

i am pretty much a noob so i don't know if i'm missing some simple issue here but everytime i try to convert a cbr with calibre i get this error...

Job: **Convert comic: Wolverine - The End** **tuple**: ('OSError', u'libunrar.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory') **Traceback**: Traceback (most recent call last): File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/parallel.py", line 928, in worker File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/parallel.py", line 886, in work File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 389, in do_convert File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 51, in extract_comic File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/__init__.py", line 101, in extract File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/libunrar.py", line 23, in File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/__init__.py", line 85, in load_library File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ctypes/__init__.py", line 431, in LoadLibrary return self._dlltype(name) File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ctypes/__init__.py", line 348, in __init__ self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode) OSError: libunrar.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory **Log**: ('OSError', u'libunrar.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory') Traceback (most recent call last): File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/parallel.py", line 928, in worker File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/parallel.py", line 886, in work File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 389, in do_convert File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/ebooks/lrf/comic/convert_from.py", line 51, in extract_comic File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/__init__.py", line 101, in extract File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/libunrar.py", line 23, in File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/__init__.py", line 85, in load_library File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ctypes/__init__.py", line 431, in LoadLibrary return self._dlltype(name) File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ctypes/__init__.py", line 348, in __init__ self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode) OSError: libunrar.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

any ideas?
bchenry82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
your system is missing libunrar.so
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 01:57 AM   #3
bchenry82
bchenry82 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
your system is missing libunrar.so
where might i find this libunrar.so?

i run ubuntu intrepid ibex and i've check synaptic and applications manager.
bchenry82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:04 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ask on the ubuntu forums, it should normally be installed when you install unrar
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
fir3fly
fir3fly began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I extracted the libunrar.so from a rpm called doublecmd-0.3.5-1.qt.i386.rpm and put it /usr/lib. At the moment it seems to be no better solution.
fir3fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cbr, comics, conversion, lrf, problem