Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
Cobweb
Cobweb began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Is it possible to remove "End Actions"?

Hello,

I got my Dad a PW2 for Christmas, loaded some books onto it for him etc all good.

He started complaining that when he finishes each and every book a large screen pops up saying "rate this book" and share it etc. It is annoying him immensely. I connected his kindle to my laptop and deleted the "end actions" document thing, which fixed it temporarily.

It has now started coming up again, and even re-deleting it doesn't work. I guess the latest update has done something (his firmware is Kindle 5.4.2.1). I ran all his books through Calibre to strip out the DRM just in case it was something within the books themselves.

My mum's slightly older paperwhite doesn't do this and mine (a very old non-PW, keyboard version) doesn't.

Would jailbreaking his PW help? It sounds such a trivial thing, but it's really annoying Dad to the point where he says he will refuse to use the PW at all, which given I gave it him as a gift hurts.

Any ideas?

TIA
Cobweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Welcome to using Amazon's major market research tool to read e-books with.

Yeah - Don't buy your books from Amazon.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2022528
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
I forget the thread, but this was discussed somewhere more recently. In the end, this turned into a button in KUAL (requires jailbreak, obviously) to toggle this off, also, per my recommendation, it can delete all EndActions documents.

Edit: found it, here: nagging for reviews (last post, which has nagger.zip)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote