Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Bought a new iPhone.. which warranty/insurance should I buy?

I'm thinking of buying either Applecare or insurance from Squaretrade
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
The easy way would be to go with Apple Care. You can go to any Apple store worldwide and get your iPhone fixed/replaced. Well, not sure how the regional restrictions would play a part but for iPods, that was the case. Another thing, you can get Apple Care anytime, as long as you still have insurance on your iPhone. Basically, one year from the date of purchase.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
I don't think AppleCare covers accidental damage though... :<
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
That's true, and part of the reason i ended up going with Accidental Damage insurance from my phone carrier.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
That's true, and part of the reason i ended up going with Accidental Damage insurance from my phone carrier.
Unfortunately, iPhones aren't covered by AT&T device insurance. All other phones are but the iPhone is the exception.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:16 AM   #6
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Unfortunately, iPhones aren't covered by AT&T device insurance. All other phones are but the iPhone is the exception.
Ouch, O2 here is pretty happy to sell you Accidental insurance for about £90/ $150 a year or £8 a month, which most people seem to get.

You can often get coverage through you home insurance, but it can be bit of apain to get it sorted, so its usually easier to just buy from the carrier.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:29 AM   #7
alinajoseph
alinajoseph began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi....
can someone recommend me some insurance company which has reasonable price.....
thanks....

health insurance tx
alinajoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:31 AM   #8
Sullivan
Connoisseur
Sullivan began at the beginning.

Device: none
o2 does not offer it outside UK, it seems - so if it happens when traveling you are still on your own. you'll have to claim it happened in UK :-(
Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #9
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
I used the Best Buy insurance. $15 a month, and they replaced it when I ...dropped it in the bathtub.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #10
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Best Buy insurance is $15 a month?

By my math that is $360 over the life of the mandatory contract. Wow!
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote