Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
sdspieg
Connoisseur
sdspieg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle 3
Why so few nook threads?

Why are there so (relatively) few posts on the nook in this forum - even compared to some relatively obscure ebook readers ? Does that reflect the relative (lack of) sales of the nook? Sthg else?

-Stephan (happy nook owner)
sdspieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
ejm
Enthusiast
ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook & PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdspieg View Post
Why are there so (relatively) few posts on the nook in this forum - even compared to some relatively obscure ebook readers ? Does that reflect the relative (lack of) sales of the nook? Sthg else?

-Stephan (happy nook owner)
perhaps nook owners are too busy reading books, rather than online trying to solve reader problems?

enjoy!
ejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
The nook has been out less than a year, no? There's only one version to talk about versus, for example, six versions of Sonys leading to over 8,000 threads and going back a few years.

It might be a testament to the nook's ease of use that people aren't clamoring for help.

Ectaco, Kobo, and Pocketbook all have fewer threads than nook too.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:56 AM   #4
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
A lot of the threads arise because of people requiring help or guidance for their device.

Perhaps the relatively small number of threads suggest that most nook owners are finding their experience quite pleasant and simple?

Just a guess, of course. It could simply mean, as OP stated, that there aren't as many nook owners as certain other devices.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
A lot of the threads arise because of people requiring help or guidance for their device.

Perhaps the relatively small number of threads suggest that most nook owners are finding their experience quite pleasant and simple?

Just a guess, of course. It could simply mean, as OP stated, that there aren't as many nook owners as certain other devices.
I tend to agree with the former.....
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I suspect that since the firmware updates, there aren't as many problems to complain about. Now if they would add organization, the forums would die!

Also, there are two other fairly active boards for nook: nookboards.com/forum and the B&N boards.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Elevatorguy
Elevatorguy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Love my Nook

I believe Nook is selling very well after their price drop that,s when I purchased mine, I took back my Sony 600 touch screen, I was thinking about the Kobo until the price drop by Nook. I know two people whom have just purchased the Nook in the last two weeks. I have had no problems so this is my first post on the Nook thread. I tell my friends about caliber for downloading news and Instapaper.
Elevatorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #8
randyharris
randyharris began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
The nook isn't a perfect device, but for me it works very well as an eReader. I use it most days and read read read with it. I could complain about the clunky kludgy interface but since I rarely use the interface and primarily read with it I just don't let it bother me.
randyharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
delaplane
delaplane began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd+, nook, touchpad, transformer, note
Mine just works. I really don't have anything to post about.

I have gotten two other people to buy Nooks within the last three weeks.
delaplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
delaplane

blank

Last edited by delaplane; 07-27-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 07-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #11
delaplane

This is what I get for posting the first reply from my phone. I somehow got a duplicate post and when I tried to edit the 2nd one, I ended up with a 3rd copy.

Last edited by delaplane; 07-27-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: triplicate post
Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #12
LorenzL
LorenzL began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I agree, the nook just works and I'm really looking forward to future updates. the fact they decided for an android based os speaks for the nook as well
LorenzL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #13
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree with above the nook is pretty easy to use, no problems in the 2 weeks I've had mine. I have just preordered the new Kindle 3, and depending on which I like best, I'll sell the other, the only issues I hae with the nook are its size I find it hard to get a comfortable reading grip. Also the book organization on the device could be better, other than that its fine. I'm hoping the new kindle will be lighter and easier to hold.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #14
Nicky_oz
Enthusiast
Nicky_oz doesn't litterNicky_oz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, Nook, Kindle Keyboard, iPad.
^that's so interesting you've ordered both! i was thinking of doing that too, i'll get the Nook and if I dont' love it, I'll get the Kindle. I just don't like the look of the Kindle with the keyboard down the bottom what's the point of having a keyboard on an ereader?
Nicky_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaplane View Post
Mine just works. I really don't have anything to post about.

I have gotten two other people to buy Nooks within the last three weeks.
Bingo.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote