Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #16
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
on the iPad d2g works just like goodreader, you can drag files into the apps tab in iTunes, or save out from there. previous versions required a sync app on your desktop.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #17
Trubu
Zealot
Trubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2, Nook, iPhone 3GS, iPad
File syncing is one area where I think Apple could take some cues from Windows Mobile (can't believe I'm saying that). One nice feature of WM's ActiveSync is you could have a "My Documents" folder on your computer, and any files in there that you added or changed would be automatically updated on your phone (and vice-versa).

Ideally I'd like there to be a shared Documents library on the iPhone/iPad, accessible system-wide like the Photos or iPod libraries, that would be automatically mirrored to a local folder on your computer when you sync. The current method on the iPad works, but it's uncharacteristically kludgy for Apple.

I'll have to check PadSync out - I have PhoneView, and it's a pretty nifty little utility.
Trubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 04:34 AM   #18
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Anyone tried dragging an alias of a document to iTunes or pad sync?
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, documents, ipad, itunes, sync