Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-31-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
AitchDee
AitchDee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre. What's on screen

Hello all,

A return poster after a long absence, so greetings to everyone.

I use Calibre (obviously) and have managed to lose the display I had on my screen that showed authors names, book titles etc in list form. Instead I now have the correct titles but just showing the book covers. How can I change this back?

If I'm in the wrong place I'm sure someone will tell me.

Thanks.

Harry
AitchDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I suspect you have accidentally toggled the Cover Grid view button in the lower right corner of calibre (see screenshot).

Try toggling that button back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-cover-grid.png
Views:	122
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	141565  
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2015, 12:54 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hover your mouse over those buttons that eschwartz showed you: (and read the balloon tip ) Now you have a better idea what they do. Calibre has Balloon tips in many places. (BTW the order may vary depending on OS and Wide/Narrow preference setting )

Most times that is all you need... For the rest:
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:50 PM   #4
AitchDee

Thank you both for your replies. Problem solved. Remarkably quickly by any standards.

Now I see where you're from, I live in West Dorset, England (Thomas Hardy country). Today is a national holiday - called a 'Bank Holiday'. Like so much over here we do old fashioned things and use old terminology. There's also a custom over here for it normally to rain on holidays. The tradition was respected, of course.

Regards.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
We aim to please.

You're welcome.

(I beat my last reply speed. )
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2015, 02:39 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AitchDee View Post
Thank you both for your replies. Problem solved. Remarkably quickly by any standards.

Now I see where you're from, I live in West Dorset, England (Thomas Hardy country). Today is a national holiday - called a 'Bank Holiday'. Like so much over here we do old fashioned things and use old terminology. There's also a custom over here for it normally to rain on holidays. The tradition was respected, of course.

Regards.
Ah yes! Bank Holiday. We honeymooned in UK. Spent the 1st week in London, then picked up a (reserved) Rental car to tour. You guessed it. Bank Holiday. Worse. We were going to Brighton AND Learning to drive on that OTHER side of the road.

Oh Yes!
It rained... Every day we were in the UK
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:08 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AitchDee View Post
I live in West Dorset, England (Thomas Hardy country). Today is a national holiday - called a 'Bank Holiday'. Like so much over here we do old fashioned things and use old terminology. There's also a custom over here for it normally to rain on holidays. The tradition was respected, of course.
As a boy I lived with an aunt & uncle in Netherbury. So being from London I experienced first hand what it was like to live Far from the Madding Crowd.

These days I assume it's oft called a Banksters Holiday. The Bank Holiday term demonstrates the exalted (unreserved ??) regard in which bankers are held in the UK. Another country that has Bank Holidays (apart from Ireland) is Switzerland.

They're more prosaic down here, they give some of us a day off to go to the races.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-31-2015 at 06:45 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:55 AM   #8
AitchDee

Hello Red (I won't finish the tag),

Netherbury is just a walk down the road from Beaminster - my home since the late nineties. I didn't know that about the Swiss. Somehow I imagined them staying underground and just counting their money by candlelight, not yodelling off on a jolly. Rather dour people, aren't they?